Off the subject but who is watching American Idol this year?

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
Who is watching? Danny and I are enjoying it a lot more than last year. Who are your favorites?

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    I am, I am!
    I have a couple--can't remember their names yet. One is the cute guy who has sort of a raspy voice and sang a Rod Stewart song a couple of weeks ago. Another is the guy who to me sounds just like Luther Vandross and has been compared to him. Another is a girl with dark hair who sang a Celine Dion song last night.

If you can figure all that out--you're doing better than I am!

Hugs, Renee

P.S. Love JLo and Stephen Tyler as judges!
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    missrenee said:

I am, I am!
    I have a couple--can't remember their names yet. One is the cute guy who has sort of a raspy voice and sang a Rod Stewart song a couple of weeks ago. Another is the guy who to me sounds just like Luther Vandross and has been compared to him. Another is a girl with dark hair who sang a Celine Dion song last night.

Hugs, Renee

Me too...
    love AI this year. GREAT talent!!! and... I love the judges. Fresh approach from Simon and crew. I love the Luther V guy, the Rod Steward guy also the Rocker guy. They're all good. Not sure whose going home tonight. Enjoy the show!!!

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • Mitzi333
    missrenee said:

I am, I am!

Hugs, Renee

Me too...
    love AI this year. GREAT talent!!! and... I love the judges. Fresh approach from Simon and crew. I love the Luther V guy, the Rod Steward guy also the Rocker guy. They're all good. Not sure whose going home tonight. Enjoy the show!!!

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Mitzi333 said:

Me too...

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)

I am watching, but I cannot
    I am watching, but I cannot seem to get interested this year. No one is standing out to me, but I do think the girls are doing very well. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Lauen. She sang a country song and is a cross between Kelly Pickler and Kelly Clarkson
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    meena1 said:

I am watching, but I cannot
    I am watching, but I cannot seem to get interested this year. No one is standing out to me, but I do think the girls are doing very well. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Lauen. She sang a country song and is a cross between Kelly Pickler and Kelly Clarkson

Yes Ma'am I'm watching
    Oh this is my favorite show ever. I am totally an AI junkie lol. I almost missed my surprise birthday party last week because it was on Wednesday and that was AI night lol
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63
    me too...
    Love it this year, glad they added JLo and Steven..
    Don't really have a favorite yet, they are all really good.

Angie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    lafera12 said:

me too...

Angie

My daughter, Alexandra and I have been watching AI
    together for 10 seasons. Really enjoying the cluster of amazing voices this season. Adding Mr. Steven Tyler to the judge's table was an excellent idea. My verdict is still out on JLO.

I admit that I did miss the 'honest', and at time lack of finesse coming from the judge's last night -- to lovey dovey last night. A little bored with the comments coming from Randy, and JLO -- I missed the friction, and chaos. Love my Steven Tyler = ).

I predict that Thia the young 15 year old, Ashton will be leaving the group tonight. I adore .. Casey who say a Paul McCarthy song last night, and of course, James Durban .. resident Rock and Roller. Pia is adorable and very good. Lauren is cute and I hope she goes far.

Better sign off .. my daughter is anxious to start the DVR of American Idol. LOL

I think the singer mentions above is Paul McDonnell who sings like Rod Stewart .. sort of does a two step dance move when he sings.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    lafera12 said:

me too...

Angie

Really like Steven Tyler as a judge! Perfect pick!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Noel said:

Really like Steven Tyler as a judge! Perfect pick!

I am watching it again for
    I am watching it again for the first time in a couple of years, I missed it this week though.
    Steven Tyler is from my area. actually most of Aerosmith lives here. My neighbor has a business and has them over for Christmas parties.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Mitzi333 said:

Me too...

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)

Love the judges and the
    Love the judges and the show! Missed tonight, who went home?

Lex
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    for the first time ever I'm
    for the first time ever I'm watching. I never cared much for Simon so I never watched. I like it. my favorite is the autistic guy, is his name James? Can't remember. Man that guy can sing!
  • Mitzi333
    Alexis F said:

Love the judges and the
    Love the judges and the show! Missed tonight, who went home?

Lex

Not sure of the girls name that went home...
    But they've referred to her as Dianna Ross. Cute girl!!!
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member

for the first time ever I'm
    for the first time ever I'm watching. I never cared much for Simon so I never watched. I like it. my favorite is the autistic guy, is his name James? Can't remember. Man that guy can sing!

I am watching and have to
    I am watching and have to admit that my favorite right now is probably Scotty, but then I like country music
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    never miss it.
    I am rooting for James (rocker dude with his signature tail wardrobe)

I think much better then year...then it has been...

I am true Adam Lambert fan! from past year...
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    never miss it.
    I am rooting for James (rocker dude with his signature tail wardrobe)

I think much better then year...then it has been...

I am true Adam Lambert fan! from past year...
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I am watching, too.
    I don't have a favorite yet but am in awe of the talent. There are some amazing very young people. I'm sure this discussion will continue on and I'll have made up my mind about a favorite. Happy Idol watching!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I am watching, too.
    I don't have a favorite yet but am in awe of the talent. There are some amazing very young people. I'm sure this discussion will continue on and I'll have made up my mind about a favorite. Happy Idol watching!!

I adore Casey and James .. PIA is great -- I hope
    she gets a little more hip, and current with her song choices.

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

I think what we are enjoying
    I think what we are enjoying this year is the talent. Seems to be an amazing group and I am having trouble deciding who I like best. I love all of the guys this year. I like Pia but she sings old lady songs. Thia has a sweet voice. Oh crud, I think I like them all this year.

I think it might be hard for Scotty as it is a singing competition and he does mainly country well, but he is very likeable and, whether he makes it on the show or not, he will probably get a record deal.

Of course, I miss Simon as it is always nice to have someone with the kahunas to point out the obvious (and fun too). But maybe it is a good thing to have all musical folks picking as they seem to have assembled incredible talent?

Who do you think will go next?
  • Mitzi333
    MyTurnNow said:

I am watching, too.

love your Betty Boop... ;0)
    My Turn Now... Love your Betty Boop.... CUTE!!! Boo Boo Be Doop. ;0)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

We like Casey! We are
    We like Casey! We are really enjoying it!