APPROVED!

AnneCan
AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
Hi everyone,

The pharmacist at my cancer centre called today @ ~ 5 PM to say Cancer Care Ontario has approved me for my erbitux treatment. So it looks like I will be starting next Tuesday, 1 week later than planned but nevertheless starting! I wanted to just update the thread on this I started yesterday but for some reason I seem to be losing the ability to edit very quickly lately. So I am sorry to start another thread; I have been a thread hog lately! I have another thread to start (is there no stopping me?) but I will wait until tomorrow to leave thread space for everyone else. It is actually a "feel good" thread. Thanks to everyone for their support + indignation regarding my day yesterday; it really helped me!

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    U Thread Hog, You, LOL:)
    -C

-C
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    YIPEE!!!
    But we knew you'd get it!!
    Love the faith and the can do!!
    Winter Marie
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Woo Hoo!
    Knew it was coming.
    So good to hear
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Lori-S said:

Woo Hoo!
    Knew it was coming.
    So good to hear

hooorrrah
    great news ....so glad

hugs....mags
  • eibod
    eibod Member Posts: 160
    So happy to hear you
    So happy to hear you received the approval. Read your earlier post and
    know you were very worried. Hope it goes well with you.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Anne:
    Can we say Yippee so now relax, have a glass of wine, and enjoy the next week.

Just remember to ask about the rash and get a jump on it in case it rears its ugly head.

Hugs - Tina
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Glad for you
    Very happy that the approval came thru and you can start on Tues. with this latest treatment.

No worry about being a 'thread hog'...go for it, we love them especially the 'feel good' kind!

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Yayayaya!
    But then, we knew it would be approved because if Cancer Ontario even thought they might not approve it, they would have to deal with your oncologist and something tells me that would not be a pretty sight :D:D

Soooo... you start next Tues! Does that mean you will be getting the chemo every two weeks? Or what's your schedule? If it's every two weeks then you and I will be on the same schedule and can reminisce together :D

My next chemo (#3) is next Tuesday at 10:30am PDT... so onwards we go!! :D

Cheryl
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!
    I'm so glad you got the approval!

*hugs*
    GAil
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Yay!
    I'm so glad you got the approval!

*hugs*
    GAil

Good for you sweetie.......
    Thats a load off your shoulders and now its time to PARTYYYYYYY at Annes house.....love ya, buzz
  • Love2Cats
    Love2Cats Member Posts: 127
    Happy 2 hear you are back on track
    Great news, now you don't have to stress out anymore.

It doesn't bug me if you open a new thread, it is good to keep the board active.

Sandy
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Love2Cats said:

Happy 2 hear you are back on track
    Great news, now you don't have to stress out anymore.

It doesn't bug me if you open a new thread, it is good to keep the board active.

Sandy

thats great Anne, you see?
    And now relax and enjoy the week end!
    Hugs!
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    pepebcn said:

thats great Anne, you see?
    And now relax and enjoy the week end!
    Hugs!

well
    im glad to hear that.as for me i am supposed to start next wednesday unless somebody screws up again.have a good week...Godbless...johnnybegood
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    YAY YAY
    Oh Anne I'm so happy that they said yes . And I know its going to work hugs Tina
  • YAY YAY
    Oh Anne I'm so happy that they said yes . And I know its going to work hugs Tina

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • luvmum
    luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
    All the best!
    Dear Anne,

I have been sick in the last couple of days and didn't get a chance to read your good news earlier!!!

I'm so happy for this --- all the best to your new regimen and I will pray for you for a good respond to it!!!!!!!!!!

My best wishes to you!
    Dora
  • AnneCan

Yayayaya!
    But then, we knew it would be approved because if Cancer Ontario even thought they might not approve it, they would have to deal with your oncologist and something tells me that would not be a pretty sight :D:D

Soooo... you start next Tues! Does that mean you will be getting the chemo every two weeks? Or what's your schedule? If it's every two weeks then you and I will be on the same schedule and can reminisce together :D

My next chemo (#3) is next Tuesday at 10:30am PDT... so onwards we go!! :D

Cheryl

Cheryl
    I have treatment weekly - week 1 I get Irinotecan + erbitux, week two just erbitux. I am getting fewer drugs than I was on + am told it should not be as tough a regimen. I guess we;ll have to reminice every 2 weeks. My chemo is Tuesday, close to that time. I think my onc would not have been happy if this hadn't come through. My husband's cancer buddy is a player at Cancer Care Ontario, so he was very interested to. Good luck on Tuesday!
  • AnneCan
    Sundanceh said:

-C

-C

:) Craig
    I call them like I see them!
  • AnneCan

YIPEE!!!