abdominal and lower back pain should i be worried

mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
I'm 6 weeks out of chemo just started radiation as of today i have had 9 treatments and in the last week my abdomen and back has been hurting i had port flushed today and onc.Dr. took a urine sample has anyone ever had this? really nervous!! radiation only to the left side where mastectomy is.MOLLYZ

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Sounds like your doctor is
    Sounds like your doctor is concerned that this may be a kidney infection? To me, one of the most difficult things to sort out after a cancer diagnosis is whether a symptom is cancer related.

For example, from about 2006-2009, I have severe, severe back pain. Finally so bad that I could no longer walk more than 10-15 minutes before having to lie down (talk about inconvenient). I was in PT nearly constantly. Finally discovered that I had unstable sponylolisthesis with severe stenosis. I had back surgery in 2009 and voila problem fixed. Coincidentally, right after I had the surgery I was diagnosed with bone mets (ribs). Now although I was worried that I also had bone mets in that area of the spine, it seems I do not. That area of my spine has never been hypermetabolic on PET scans and I am truly fine since the surgery.

Our bodies can be very confusing at times. However, I have learned one thing. If pain is severe or persists, keep looking for a doctor who can help or can figure it out.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    my daughter (not cancer) had recently
    IN ER they thought Cyst or kidney stones...ended up being spine out fo whack....
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    It sounds like it could be a
    It sounds like it could be a kidney infection, but, I don't know for sure. Let us know what your doctor found out.

Lex