Tamoxifen + Prednisone... Anyone have that combo? Issues?

JuJuBeez
JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
I've been on Tamoxifen since September, and I had to start using prednisone last week for an upper respiratory infection (I had allergic reactions to 2 different antibiotics). I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin! My boss at work was teasing me about 'roid rage, and I shrugged it off. But last night I felt like the Hulk.. like I could burst out of my clothes, turn green, and throw a car. OMG! The past couple of days have been the worst. My dose has been 6-5-5-5-4-4-4-3-3-2-2-1-1. Today was my last '4'. I feel like Tamoxifen makes me nutty anyways, now I'm really off my rocker.

I was just curious if anyone else has had to use prednisone while on Tamoxifen, and if your house and the contents are still standing. :-)

(Traci, quick... send me a funny!!!! I need it!!)

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    steriods
    I was on it just prior to tamoxifen...I know it had me wired at night and I gaine about 25 lbs...but since started taxmoxifen right after...ot sure if both made me gain weight...

so I have not taken them at the SAME time..
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

steriods
    I was on it just prior to tamoxifen...I know it had me wired at night and I gaine about 25 lbs...but since started taxmoxifen right after...ot sure if both made me gain weight...

so I have not taken them at the SAME time..

JuJu .. Please call your doctor ...
    sorry that I don't have any information to ease your mind. Call your pharmacist as well.. sounds odd, but then again they are hormones, and hormones offer weird unexplained symptoms to many of us 'WARRIORS'. Please call .. asap.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    VickiSam said:

JuJu .. Please call your doctor ...
    sorry that I don't have any information to ease your mind. Call your pharmacist as well.. sounds odd, but then again they are hormones, and hormones offer weird unexplained symptoms to many of us 'WARRIORS'. Please call .. asap.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

I agree with Vicki Sam,
    I agree with Vicki Sam, please call your doctor. Good luck!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    yes i had both at same time
    Mine was for ulcertive colitis which was at it worse during BC! I gained 25 lbs too. If I did nto take it early am I would feel like climbing out of my skin at night..it was terrible...also kept me awake..really wired...

Denise
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

yes i had both at same time
    Mine was for ulcertive colitis which was at it worse during BC! I gained 25 lbs too. If I did nto take it early am I would feel like climbing out of my skin at night..it was terrible...also kept me awake..really wired...

Denise

Did you call your
    Did you call your oncologist? What did they say?

Hugs, Debby