Got diagnosed 1 weekago with endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometriod type, FIGO rating 1/111. What

Deb4417
Deb4417 Member Posts: 22
Got diagnosed one week ago with endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometrioid type FIGO rating 1/111. Will see oncologist in one week. Can anybody please tell me what does FIGO 1/111 mean?

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Deb:
    Sorry about your

Deb:

Sorry about your diagnosis. I am not sure what FIGO rating is but I was also diagnosed with endometrial adenocarcinoma. I was staged at Grade 2, Stage ii/iii back in Sept of 2005.

Did you have a hysterectomy? How did they determine your diagnosis?

Prayers to you.

Kathy
  • Tresia23
    Tresia23 Member Posts: 77
    Figo staging
    Hi, Hope you are feeling ok considering what is happening for you. If you want to find out more about FIGO just explore the cancer.org box at the left side of this page. The top heading is 'Cancer Information'. It will bring up a list of all the different cancers including endometrial with information about how FIGO staging is classified.

All the best with your oncologist visit. You can ask them to write things down for you. I have an unreliable memory and my gyn/onc understands. She will always write down things I do not fully understand so I can take it away and research further myself. Most importantly though ask questions. The doctor is there because you are his/her patient. Without patients they have no profession. We have the right to know what is happening to our bodies and it is their responsibility to inform us. Take good care of yourself. This network is a wonderful resource and support to start with.
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    Tresia23 said:

Figo staging
    Hi, Hope you are feeling ok considering what is happening for you. If you want to find out more about FIGO just explore the cancer.org box at the left side of this page. The top heading is 'Cancer Information'. It will bring up a list of all the different cancers including endometrial with information about how FIGO staging is classified.

All the best with your oncologist visit. You can ask them to write things down for you. I have an unreliable memory and my gyn/onc understands. She will always write down things I do not fully understand so I can take it away and research further myself. Most importantly though ask questions. The doctor is there because you are his/her patient. Without patients they have no profession. We have the right to know what is happening to our bodies and it is their responsibility to inform us. Take good care of yourself. This network is a wonderful resource and support to start with.

website info
    http://www.zocdoc.com/answers/4258/what-is-the-figo-staging-system

I found this info for you. Good luck with everything. Mary Ann
  • Michaelynn
    Michaelynn Member Posts: 85 Member
    FIGO rating 1/111
    From what I have read online and using the numbers you have provided 1/111. I would say it means you have stage 1 grade 3 cancer.
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member

FIGO rating 1/111
    From what I have read online and using the numbers you have provided 1/111. I would say it means you have stage 1 grade 3 cancer.

FIGO
    FIGO is a grading system as defined by the International Federation of Gynecologists and Oncologists (FIGO).

A little excerpt found here in the Cancer Information section:

The grade of an endometrioid cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to the glands found in normal, healthy endometrium. In lower-grade cancers, more of the cancerous tissue forms glands. In higher-grade cancers, more of the cancer cells are arranged in a haphazard or disorganized way and do not form glands.

• Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
    • • Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
    • • Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers are called "high-grade." They tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than low grade cancers (grades 1 and 2).

In a grade 1/111 that would be some of the cells were a grade 1 and some were a grade 3.

Staging determines how invasive the cancer was based on pathology reports from the surgical specimens removed during surgery. i.e. Stage 1A or Stage 3B, etc.

Hope this helps.

Karen
  • Quiltergal
    Quiltergal Member Posts: 29 Member

I have just been diagnosed with endometrial adenocarcinoma 1-2. I am nervous of course. I have an appointment with a surgeon Monday

• Quiltergal
    Quiltergal Member Posts: 29 Member

My surgery was postponed till May 9 I am concerned about the delay. The hospital is short staffed is the explanation. Sure was hoping for a sooner date!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    edited April 2022 #9

Newbies, could we please stop finding 11 year old threads populated by deceased members to post comments on? Really, is it so hard to either find a recent thread or create a new one? Or ask for help? This continous commenting on these ancient threads despite three posts highlighted on the top of our section labeled Introduction, Tips, and FAQ, despite simple instructions on how to introduce oneself to our community is counterproductive and upsetting. Please, please, please?

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member

I have to agree with BluebirdOne.

I know many of us has complained about this new format, and I have to say that despite months of using it, I still find it frustrating. It would probably be helpful if on the opening page a date was written that identifies the time of the original post. I was trying to read through a thread the other day….find my way to the end of the thing…and I found myself reading a post from Loretta Marshall. Wait….What??? Why am I reading this?? Mrs. Marshall was lost to this cancer a very long time ago. It is startling and upsetting. I’ve gotten to where I look at the number of views before I go to a page. If it’s got 6,052 views….I can prepare myself! ;))

We LOVE having newbies, but we want to cry being reminded of our members we have lost.

Quiltergal, I’m going to respond to your surgery postponement on the new thread that cmb started.

❤️, A