Armidex

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
Hi everyone.Hope all is well.I had a question about Armidex please.I have been taking it for awhile now.But I have been out of it about 2 weeks.My moods are like a yoyo.It dawned on me today maybe it is because I am out of my Medicine.I order it from a company that is cheaper.But they have not sent me my new script.For you that know me on this sight.I am doing pretty good.Just had my checkup and Blood work was ok.I have another Mamo in June.I am working on getting weight off.I gained a lot going through Cancer.Take care everyone.Love and Prayers.

Comments

• Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Just lost my posting. Have to do it again.
    I hate when that happens...losing a posting that I just typed.

Oh well, here I go again.

Did your mood swings take place the whole time you were on Arimidex or when you were not on it during those two weeks?

Did you notice anything else that was different while you were not taking the Arimidex?

Are you taking the brand or generic?

Gaining weight is a problem, especially as we age. We certainly do not need any help from the cancer in gaining weight.

Glad to hear that everything else is going well with you.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I started
    Arimidex in Jan 2011. So far I haven't noticed much difference. I'm 62 and get horrific hot flashes. Seeing gyn in about 10 days to discuss my options. I have osteoarthritis that causes my knees and lumbar much pain. Had a few injections a couple of weeks ago and they're helping some. But suddenly dealing with tooth sensitivity to cold. Toothpaste switch doesn't seem to be helping. I'm still tired from rads. I need to look up possible side effects from Arimidex. I'm taking the generic.
    Char
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    cahjah75 said:

I started
    Arimidex in Jan 2011. So far I haven't noticed much difference. I'm 62 and get horrific hot flashes. Seeing gyn in about 10 days to discuss my options. I have osteoarthritis that causes my knees and lumbar much pain. Had a few injections a couple of weeks ago and they're helping some. But suddenly dealing with tooth sensitivity to cold. Toothpaste switch doesn't seem to be helping. I'm still tired from rads. I need to look up possible side effects from Arimidex. I'm taking the generic.
    Char

Nice to see you Pat
    I am glad that you are doing well
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Just lost my posting. Have to do it again.
    I hate when that happens...losing a posting that I just typed.

Oh well, here I go again.

Did your mood swings take place the whole time you were on Arimidex or when you were not on it during those two weeks?

Did you notice anything else that was different while you were not taking the Arimidex?

Are you taking the brand or generic?

Gaining weight is a problem, especially as we age. We certainly do not need any help from the cancer in gaining weight.

Glad to hear that everything else is going well with you.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

I'm not on it Ppurdin, but,
    I'm not on it Ppurdin, but, it is good to see you posting. Hoping any side effects you are having subside soon.

Take care,

Leeza
  • KALB
    KALB Member Posts: 1
    Arimidex
    I was diagnosed w Stage 1 Invasive Cancer in November of 2010. Had lumpectomy, and sentinal node biopsy on Nov. 30th. Did Savi 5 day Radiation in December. (It was wonderful- if you have questions, please ask.)

The oncologist put me on Arimidex starting Dec. 20th. After two months of mood swings- like a roller coaster- and tears, I called and we stopped it for a month. We shall see what happens next. Any one have any suggestions, comments?

Thanks for all of you.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I started
    Char

Congrats on your blood work
    Congrats on your blood work being good! And, good luck with your mammo in June! I will be sending you prayers and good luck!

Diane
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    KALB said:

Arimidex
    I was diagnosed w Stage 1 Invasive Cancer in November of 2010. Had lumpectomy, and sentinal node biopsy on Nov. 30th. Did Savi 5 day Radiation in December. (It was wonderful- if you have questions, please ask.)

The oncologist put me on Arimidex starting Dec. 20th. After two months of mood swings- like a roller coaster- and tears, I called and we stopped it for a month. We shall see what happens next. Any one have any suggestions, comments?

Thanks for all of you.

it will be 3 years in July
    just waiting and hoping to get my quality of life back, but grateful I have life.
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Just finished
    I just finished less than a month ago with the aromatase inhibitors. My onc put me on exemestane (first cousin of Arimidex aka aromasin)for 5 years after 3+ on Tamoxifen. I have noticed an increase in really hot flashes and sweats since I quit. They had pretty much leveled off to a bearable number over the last year or so but now they are back in full. I don't understand why less medicine and more estrogen reawakened all those sweaty flushes. I had surgical menapause when I first started on the exemestane and it's almost the same. I hope they level off before summer hits. Right now they keep my feet warm when I need to run to the bathroom at night. Mind you, if I didn't flash at night I probably wouldn't wake up, but at least I'm warm when I do! Anybody else have a similar experience after getting off aromasin/exemestane or related aromatase inhibitor?
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    KALB said:

Arimidex

Thanks for all of you.

Kalb, my guess
    is that Arimidex is not the cause of your mood swings. I don't know if you had already gone through menopause but you just described how I felt for more than a year. My gyn diagnosed clinical depression and put me on an antidepressant. I'm on Arimidex since Jan 2011 and I have not had any mood swings. But I do have horrific hot flashes!
    Char