I have yet another sinus infection

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
I have basically been sick since I started rads in early January. I'm on another antibiotic for sinus infection and I have Pink Eye! My body is still trying to rebuild cells following the completion of rads and it doesn't appear to be doing very well )-: I'm now watching my 3 & 5 yo granddaughters and bringing them to preschool every day. I don't work since I've been on disability for 3 years and at 62 I'm exhausted! I see my orthopedic for knee evaluation tomorrow. See rad onc in a couple of weeks,have a CT scan and then see onc. Hoping for no surprises.
Char

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    OH NO!
    I hate sinus infections! Have had them all of my life (older Son also has problems with them.) I really expected that I get a lot more during and after Chemo and Rads but I haven't had one in over a year and a half - by far the longest I've ever gone with out several.

Hope you feel better - sinus infections are nasty!

Susan
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Rague said:

OH NO!
    I hate sinus infections! Have had them all of my life (older Son also has problems with them.) I really expected that I get a lot more during and after Chemo and Rads but I haven't had one in over a year and a half - by far the longest I've ever gone with out several.

Hope you feel better - sinus infections are nasty!

Susan

Hope you feel better soon!
    Sinus infections are no fun at all! As you say, your body has been through a lot and needs time to recover. Rest and pamper yourself, be good to yourself, you need it AND you deserve it!
    Laura
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Add me to the "I hate sinus
    Add me to the "I hate sinus infections" list. I don't get them often, but they sure make me miserable. Then add pink eye and two small children to the mix, uggggh! You definitely need to take some me time and pamper yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Linda
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Add me to the "I hate sinus
    Add me to the "I hate sinus infections" list. I don't get them often, but they sure make me miserable. Then add pink eye and two small children to the mix, uggggh! You definitely need to take some me time and pamper yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Linda

Char, I am so sorry. You body is 'screaming' HELP
    you need to rest up and recover. Your body has been thru so much .. chemo ... rad's ...etc. So now that it is cold, and the peak of the flu season, every time you come in contact with your grand babies, pre-school kids and teachers, individuals at the grocery store . . . etc. You are introducing your body to new gems, and infections. Plain and simple. Your poor body, can not take all these new gems. You may have to just lock yourself in at home .. only going to rad's and home again for a few weeks ... I hate to say this -- because I know that you help out with grand kids -- and all. You know your body and system better than anyone, what do you think?

Sorry to hear this news .

Vicki Sam
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    VickiSam said:

Char, I am so sorry. You body is 'screaming' HELP
    you need to rest up and recover. Your body has been thru so much .. chemo ... rad's ...etc. So now that it is cold, and the peak of the flu season, every time you come in contact with your grand babies, pre-school kids and teachers, individuals at the grocery store . . . etc. You are introducing your body to new gems, and infections. Plain and simple. Your poor body, can not take all these new gems. You may have to just lock yourself in at home .. only going to rad's and home again for a few weeks ... I hate to say this -- because I know that you help out with grand kids -- and all. You know your body and system better than anyone, what do you think?

Sorry to hear this news .

Vicki Sam

I hope you feel better soon
    Oh char, I'm so sorry that your sick. sinus infections are horrible! I hope you feel better soon. I know others have said this, but I will say it too.. Get lots of rest and take some time just for you, you soooo deserve it.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    dbhadra said:

Sinus infections are no fun at all! As you say, your body has been through a lot and needs time to recover. Rest and pamper yourself, be good to yourself, you need it AND you deserve it!
    Laura

Sinus infections are
    Sinus infections are horrible! Hoping you get over it very quickly!

Hugs!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    dbhadra said:

Laura

Sinus infections are
    Sinus infections are horrible! Hoping you get over it very quickly!

Hugs!
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    I hate sinus infections too!
    I had a devil of a time getting rid of sinus infections too. The pulmonologist I see put me on a prescription sinus cortasteroid that finally worked for me without undue side effects. However, he also had me doing sinus rinses to get rid of germs and allergy things that cause the infections. He only gave antibiotics if I had a fever. I hated the thought of starting the rinses since it sounded pretty gross to wash out your nose. But they actually weren't all that bad and what's more, they worked.They are a great preventitive and between that and the meds I'm just about infection free most of the time. You can get the kits at any pharmacy for about $15. It's a lot cheaper and more effective than surgery and lots less side effects or cost than medicine too. We never did find out what I was allergic to. He said I probably was allergic to something but it wasn't worth testing for in his opinion. As long as I gotrid of the problem I'm happy.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    That is enough to exhaust anybody!
    Char, that is so much for your poor body to handle. Take care of yourself first or you won't be able to help out with your little grandbabes. I know that is hard, 3 and 5 year olds have to have a lot of help with so many things. Hoping for no surprises for you unless they are good ones! Rest every chance you get!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I hope you feel better soon
    Oh char, I'm so sorry that your sick. sinus infections are horrible! I hope you feel better soon. I know others have said this, but I will say it too.. Get lots of rest and take some time just for you, you soooo deserve it.

Hugs,

Dawne

Praying for no surprises for
    Praying for no surprises for you either and hoping your sinus infection clears up.

Feel better,

Angie