Linda how was your trip to Dominican Republic with your son?

Hi,
I just arrived in NY (from Israel) now that I am 'dancing with NED', also my Hemoglob made 10, I am on Megace so Hemotologist said I should give myself premeasured shot of Clexane to mitigate possible thrombosis from long flight-9-10 hours.

All fine and weather not so cold and snow all melted. Have tickets to two Bradway Matinees. Spiderman, for my long suffering husband, and Nora Efrons new play ,for me.

Regards to all,
Sara

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    My vacation to Punta Cana was FABULOUS!
    You know, my short Dominican Republic vacation really showed me how important exercise is. It's been so freezing cold and windy and icy and miserable this winter that I wasn't getting outside and walking much. But over this little vacation, I felt better than I have in ages, almost 100% my old self! I'm not sure if it was the balmy sunshine or the tons of papaya and passion fruit and fresh picked bananas I ate, or the miles of beach walks I took with my son. But I feel so great!

I actually boarded the plane before my vacation with a stuffy nose, and it disappeared almost as soon as I disembarked into the sunshine. I had a hard time holding to that "2 glasses of wine daily" my oncologist okayed, and admit to a few coconuts filled with fruity tropical rum drinks. I also ate a few of the "no-no" foods for those with compromised immunity: suishi, honey, & is caviar okay?? 'cause I had that too! My digestion seemed to handle the exotic food and 5 course dinners just fine. Living large while I can; I strongly recommend it!

I have this week off of Avastin now that I've changed from weekly to every-other-week Avastin infusion, but continue to take my Cytoxin chemo pills daily. Still no side effects and no symptoms, so I'm curious to see what my CA125 is next Tuesday when I get labs again. Life is good!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

My vacation to Punta Cana was FABULOUS!
    You know, my short Dominican Republic vacation really showed me how important exercise is. It's been so freezing cold and windy and icy and miserable this winter that I wasn't getting outside and walking much. But over this little vacation, I felt better than I have in ages, almost 100% my old self! I'm not sure if it was the balmy sunshine or the tons of papaya and passion fruit and fresh picked bananas I ate, or the miles of beach walks I took with my son. But I feel so great!

I actually boarded the plane before my vacation with a stuffy nose, and it disappeared almost as soon as I disembarked into the sunshine. I had a hard time holding to that "2 glasses of wine daily" my oncologist okayed, and admit to a few coconuts filled with fruity tropical rum drinks. I also ate a few of the "no-no" foods for those with compromised immunity: suishi, honey, & is caviar okay?? 'cause I had that too! My digestion seemed to handle the exotic food and 5 course dinners just fine. Living large while I can; I strongly recommend it!

I have this week off of Avastin now that I've changed from weekly to every-other-week Avastin infusion, but continue to take my Cytoxin chemo pills daily. Still no side effects and no symptoms, so I'm curious to see what my CA125 is next Tuesday when I get labs again. Life is good!

Life sounds wonderful for both of you
    And it makes me happy to see posts like this. Thanks for sharing the good news.

Suzanne
  • Sara Zipora
    Sara Zipora Member Posts: 231

Life sounds wonderful for both of you
    And it makes me happy to see posts like this. Thanks for sharing the good news.

Suzanne

Enjoying sunshine and not carrying an umbrella! Sharing Good
    When we were first married we lived in England for three years. Everyone went out evey day with their 'brollie,, umbrella in expectation of rain. That was over forty seven years ago, but I promised myself to NEVER walk wound waiting for the inclement weather to happen, I'd rather get wet a bit than lose optimism.

So everyone, I call on you to share good news!

BTW, how are wedding plans progressing?
    Sara