“It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” Lena Horne

JuJuBeez
JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
I heard Halle Berry quote Lena Horne on the awards show the other night. I've thought about this ever since. Sometimes I'm so full of fire I feel like I can do anything, other times I can't get out of my own way. This quote just really got to me for some reason, and I just wanted to share it. I definitely need to change the way I carry the load.

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I remember Halle Berry
    I remember Halle Berry quoting this phrase. It carries a lot of power. Thanks for the share. By the way, I was so happy "The Kings Speech" won for best picture! It really was an outstanding movie!
    BL
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332

I remember Halle Berry
    I remember Halle Berry quoting this phrase. It carries a lot of power. Thanks for the share. By the way, I was so happy "The Kings Speech" won for best picture! It really was an outstanding movie!
    BL

I haven't seen "The Kings Speech" yet..
    I'll have to catch up some sleepless night! :-) One member of my household only likes blood and action, the other member is Disney. I get to watch all the 'good' stuff when everyone else is in bed and I can have my turn with the tv. :-)
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    It pretty much sums up a lot of life, especially BC. I probably don't always carry this load so well.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    lizzie17 said:

It pretty much sums up a lot of life, especially BC. I probably don't always carry this load so well.

Ditto ..
    I copied this quote .. and put 1 up on my bulletin boards in my office, and the other on my mirror on my vanity ... Awesome awesome ... Miss Horne ..

stormy weather .. yes, that describes my breast cancer, journey.

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

I remember Halle Berry
    BL

Thanks for sharing this with
    Thanks for sharing this with us! I love this quote!

Kylez
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    If cancer is the load
    I am trying to shake it off like a rodeo horse (:

And that gets tiring too... lol.

I love this saying, it is really something to ponder about.

Thanks for sharing it!!

Hugs,
    Ayse