how about sexual relationships while on chemo?

EllieZ
EllieZ Member Posts: 1
ok please dont get mad at me but I really don't know what is normal and what is not anymore. :(((
I have a breast cancer and I'm going under chemo already. Don't know what can i have and not ....any advise?

Comments

• NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    Just have to use protection
    I was told to use protection to guard against infection. That was the only restriction other than how you feel in general. Hope this helps.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    NJMom10 said:

Just have to use protection
    I was told to use protection to guard against infection. That was the only restriction other than how you feel in general. Hope this helps.

I was told to be sure you
    I was told to be sure you don't get pregnant, or cause a pregnancy for the men out there. The nurse also said that if you feel up to it, it's ok. But be aware that the skin in your vagina may thin due to the chemo/chemo menopause, if that's the case you'll need a lubricant.

Come back again if you have other questions.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I was told by my oncologist
    I was told by my oncologist intercourse was ok, oral sex not so much. Yes, as the others have mentioned, avoid getting pregnant and use a contraceptive( condoms).

Good luck on your journey.
    BL
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    am glad
    I am glad you are addressing the subject. I have a bc diagnosis. I am not dead. I will want to enjoy life as long as I can whether I beat bc or not. Thanks for addressing what some might consider a sensetive subject.