Help Please

Grandma X 6
Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
Hi everyone in Pink Land. Well here I go again. Just had a MRI of course it showed something. I have go tomorrow for an MRI guided biopsy. I am sooo tired of all there test. They say it may just be scar tissue, I don't know anymore. Had Mamo and ultrasound a week ago all was good, Breast Surgeon said let do an MRI to be sure. So just as you think thing are getting better.... The stress is really getting to me. I can't imagine having to go through all those treatment again. And it would probable mean a mastectomy. Has anyone been here. I am really stressed out.I do have zanax and am on an depressant. Has anyone had this type of MRI done so I know what to expect. Thank You for listing to me it does help. Your Pink Sister Cindy

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Hi Cindy
    First of all, try not to imagine the worst. I just had my first set of tests done (Dec. 10) post lumpectomy, axillary node dissection, chemo and rads. My mammo and ultrasound were okay. The MRI showed the area of the lumpectomy/scar tissue and the report said it was "probably due to post-op changes not probably not cancer." The radiologist recommended repeating the MRI in 6 months. My surgeon did not even want to do the MRI--said it wasn't necessary and would just show the post-op changes. He said this is just what he thought would show up, not to worry, and we'll just repeat the MRI in 6 months to make sure the area shows no change.

I did have the MRI guided biopsy before my lumpectomy. You lie face down just as you did with your MRI. The area is numbed with an injection of probably Lidocaine or something like it. Then pictures are taken. Then the radiologist comes in and puts in a hollow needle to extract the biopsy. The whole procedure took less than 15 minutes. I would like to tell you it didn't hurt a bit--but unfortunately mine did. However, others on here have reported that after they were numb, they didn't feel a thing. Mine was so deep--right up against the chest wall, that I think it was just a hard area to numb completely.

Try not to be nervous (I know--easily said than done). The waiting is the hardest part--and then the waiting for the results.

Sending you tons of positive energy and thoughts for a good result tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Renee
  • Grandma X 6
    missrenee said:

Hi Cindy
    First of all, try not to imagine the worst. I just had my first set of tests done (Dec. 10) post lumpectomy, axillary node dissection, chemo and rads. My mammo and ultrasound were okay. The MRI showed the area of the lumpectomy/scar tissue and the report said it was "probably due to post-op changes not probably not cancer." The radiologist recommended repeating the MRI in 6 months. My surgeon did not even want to do the MRI--said it wasn't necessary and would just show the post-op changes. He said this is just what he thought would show up, not to worry, and we'll just repeat the MRI in 6 months to make sure the area shows no change.

I did have the MRI guided biopsy before my lumpectomy. You lie face down just as you did with your MRI. The area is numbed with an injection of probably Lidocaine or something like it. Then pictures are taken. Then the radiologist comes in and puts in a hollow needle to extract the biopsy. The whole procedure took less than 15 minutes. I would like to tell you it didn't hurt a bit--but unfortunately mine did. However, others on here have reported that after they were numb, they didn't feel a thing. Mine was so deep--right up against the chest wall, that I think it was just a hard area to numb completely.

Try not to be nervous (I know--easily said than done). The waiting is the hardest part--and then the waiting for the results.

Sending you tons of positive energy and thoughts for a good result tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Renee

Thank you
    Thanks Renee for the info and support. I will keep you posted. They said it would take 4-5 Day for the results.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Oh Cindy,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I went through the same thing a few weeks ago and luckily it was nothing. However, not knowing was a b**ch. I cried all day. I know that I would be able to do it again, but the fact was that I didn't want to do it again and I didn't want to put my family through it again. Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Cindy
    I had a stereostatic MRI assisted biopsy on my left breast after my breast MRI. It took about 45 min and I had to lay on my side afterwards for 15 min to keep it from bleeding. It really didn't hurt (dr numbed my breast). About 10 samples were taken. The only thing they forgot to tell me was to stop the baby aspirin and so I ended up with a huge purple hematoma. I had a bilateral mastectomy anyways so the breast was removed in the end. I had Lobular Carcinoma in Situ in that breast and 6.1 cm Invasive Lobular Carcinoma in the other breast. I hope it goes well for you and the results are ok.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    missrenee said:

Hi Cindy

Hugs, Renee

HMM - I haven't layed face
    HMM - I haven't layed face down for any of my scans - face up for all.

Susan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh Cindy,
    I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I went through the same thing a few weeks ago and luckily it was nothing. However, not knowing was a b**ch. I cried all day. I know that I would be able to do it again, but the fact was that I didn't want to do it again and I didn't want to put my family through it again. Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way.

xoxo,
    Jean

I'm sorry too Cindy that you
    I'm sorry too Cindy that you have to have more tests. I bet your doctor is just being extra careful in ordering the MRI biopsy. Since your mammo was ok, I am sure that everything will be fine. I know it is hard to not be anxious, but, take a nerve pill, try to relax, and stay positive!

I hate to say this is standard, but, I think many pink sisters have gone thru it because their doctors just want to make sure.

Good luck and sending prayers,

Kylez
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Cindy
    I have not had to go through this but I did want you to know that I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy. I hope all turns out well for you.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    ladyg said:

Cindy
    I have not had to go through this but I did want you to know that I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy. I hope all turns out well for you.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Cindy
    Sending positive thought. You will be all right.
    Hugs
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Rague said:

HMM - I haven't layed face
    HMM - I haven't layed face down for any of my scans - face up for all.

Susan

Sending hugs and lots of
    Sending hugs and lots of prayers! Keep us posted!

Hugs, Jan
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320

Cindy
    Hugs

Positive Pink Thoughts
    Positive Pink Thoughts heading your way!

Be Well,
    Dianne
  • Grandma X 6

Positive Pink Thoughts
    Positive Pink Thoughts heading your way!

Be Well,
    Dianne

tHANK YOU
    I have to go for 9:am I will keep you all posted. Thank you for all your prays and positive thoughts.
    God Bless all of us for the stuff we have to so through. Cindy
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    ladyg said:

Cindy

Hugs,
    Georgia

I haven't had the MRI biopsy
    I haven't had the MRI biopsy either, just a MRI. Praying for you and wishing you good luck.

Hugs, Leeza
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    jnl said:

I haven't had the MRI biopsy
    I haven't had the MRI biopsy either, just a MRI. Praying for you and wishing you good luck.

Hugs, Leeza

It will be fine
    Don't think until you have to, bad thoughts that is.stay lifted up and if you know God and you have a bible go to Psalms 23 it gives you peace repeat it learn it.MOLLYZ
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    mollyz said:

It will be fine
    Don't think until you have to, bad thoughts that is.stay lifted up and if you know God and you have a bible go to Psalms 23 it gives you peace repeat it learn it.MOLLYZ

Praying for you Cindy!
    Hugs,

Praying for you Cindy!

Hugs, Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Cindy
    Hugs

Positive thoughts, prayers
    Positive thoughts, prayers and gentle hugs for you Cindy!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Try to stay positive Cindy
    Try to stay positive Cindy and I'm sending prayers up for you right now!!
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorry...
    keep us updated....I have no advice just warm thoughts...

I have had MRI...
  • hikerchick
    hikerchick Member Posts: 21
    Double mastectomy 2 months ago
    Hi, I just want to say that a double mastectomy is not that bad. I had it done 2 months ago and I'm 49 with 2 teenagers at home. Losing your breast or breasts is NOT the worst thing that can happen to you! I'm so glad I chose to get rid of the potential problem to the best of my ability.

I hope everything comes back benign for you!

Nancy
  • Grandma X 6

Double mastectomy 2 months ago
    Hi, I just want to say that a double mastectomy is not that bad. I had it done 2 months ago and I'm 49 with 2 teenagers at home. Losing your breast or breasts is NOT the worst thing that can happen to you! I'm so glad I chose to get rid of the potential problem to the best of my ability.

I hope everything comes back benign for you!

Nancy

Up Date on MRI Biopsy
    Well I went yesterday for my biopsy they did not do it because I took Aleve on Monday for a fever.I was so annoyed I just wanted to get it over. Of course when I got home they mailed me the instructions! So now I have to go back on Wednesday this coming week they are doing the MRI biopsy and an CT scan!! Do you think I be glowing it the dark from all the dyes? I just want it over to much stress in all of our lives. Thank all of you for thought and Prays. I will keep you posted. Cindy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Up Date on MRI Biopsy
    Well I went yesterday for my biopsy they did not do it because I took Aleve on Monday for a fever.I was so annoyed I just wanted to get it over. Of course when I got home they mailed me the instructions! So now I have to go back on Wednesday this coming week they are doing the MRI biopsy and an CT scan!! Do you think I be glowing it the dark from all the dyes? I just want it over to much stress in all of our lives. Thank all of you for thought and Prays. I will keep you posted. Cindy

Good luck Grandma on
    Good luck Grandma on Wednesday!

Hugs, Jan