Rant, rant, rant-vent, vent, vent

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
So, all I want is someone to take care of ME. I need a Team Leader. Seems like a reasonable request. Every question is answered with "Check with your Onc" - Check with your PCP Check with anyone but us. Meds come throught the mail - God, how I miss my trusty ole pharmacist!!! I swear, they are really simple questions.

Thank you (picture me taking a bow), thank you very much for the opportunity to come before you babbling like an idiot!!!

Sue

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I was feeling the same way.
    I was feeling the same way. then I remembered there is a survivorship clinic at my hospital and called for an appointment. seems like all the care is disjointed. My onc only really knows cancer. No call back yet. do they have one of these at your hospital?
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I agree!!!! Everything is so
    I agree!!!! Everything is so flippin' disjointed! On Wednesday, my surgeon told me that obviously the Tamoxifen was no longer working and I needed to prepare for chemotherapy, on Thursday, my oncologist told me the offending node was taken out, so no chemo for at least the next 3 months.
    These Drs work one floor apart! She was my surgeon 8 years ago, and he was my oncologist! Does no one speak with anyone else? I know we are own advocates,I plan on continuing to be. But yes! A Team Leader would be GREAT! I also get my meds through the mail...better on the the budget, but very impersonal, indeed.

Thankfully, something so sweet happened which cheered me up instantly, and will continue to do so! One of the Kindred Spirits ( and she knows exactly who she is...LOL LOL) sent me The Cutest pick-me up gift ever! It is a solar powered dancing flower in a pink flower pot...as soon as sunshine hits it the flower nods up and down, and my favorite part? The leaves look like they are doing jumping jacks! Seriously..."walking on sunshine!" Thank you, thank you, thank you! Everyone out there should be like everyone in here!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    I guess I'm lucky
    in that my doctors call each other and discuss me...and I like and trust them all. The breast surgeon had an assistant that originally set up all my appointments--in the beginning there were so many. Now that I'm 1/3 done with rads (YEA!!) there aren't as many appointments.
    JoAnn
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    joannstar said:

I guess I'm lucky
    in that my doctors call each other and discuss me...and I like and trust them all. The breast surgeon had an assistant that originally set up all my appointments--in the beginning there were so many. Now that I'm 1/3 done with rads (YEA!!) there aren't as many appointments.
    JoAnn

My surgeon and onc are on
    My surgeon and onc are on the same floor and I hope they discuss me, I usually see them one right after the other. However my rant today is not a team leader, I just want someone to take care of me and pamper me today----I have the flu, cold or some kind of yuck and feel lousy. I want my mommy
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    natly15 said:

My surgeon and onc are on
    My surgeon and onc are on the same floor and I hope they discuss me, I usually see them one right after the other. However my rant today is not a team leader, I just want someone to take care of me and pamper me today----I have the flu, cold or some kind of yuck and feel lousy. I want my mommy

Sue and natly,
    Sue, You are not a rambling idiot. You know that's why we are all here and we love you!

natly, sorry to hear that you are sick. Feel better soon. Hope you get lots of rest, and remember to drink lots of fluids (at least I can sound like your mommy). LOL

xoxo,
    Jean
  • JacquiAL
    JacquiAL Member Posts: 29
    New Primary Care
    I was having the same problem - not knowing which doctor to go to - pcp, onc, gyn. I was getting so frustrated because it was suggested that I have at least 4 different tests from these different doctors and was wondering if I could have just 1 or 2 tests that would tell me what the problem was. A friend told me about a program called MDVIP. The doctor is your primary care doctor but only see a total of 600 patients - my understanding is the average is much higher. The purpose of the low patient number is so the doctor can spend more time with you and discuss all of your issues including any tests, etc. that your other doctors, onc, gyn, etc. want you to have. The cost of the program depends on where you live by the cost for me is $125.00 a month. My insurance will not pay for it. You can pay quarterly so if you are not satisfied with the program you can discontinue it after the first 3 months with some conditions. You interview the doctor(s) first for about an hour at no charge. You can interview as many MDVIP doctors that are in you area until you find one you can work with. You are given the doctor's cell phone number in case of an emergency on the weekends/holidays and also the doctor's e-mail address in case you have a question but don't feel you need an appointment.

So far, it has been well worth it. My first appointment was an hour and a half (have you ever spend that much time with a doctor? My appointments usually lasted 15 minutes if that.) We went over all my issues both good and bad. At the end the doctor asked me if we had covered everything I wanted to. He assured me that this was just the beginning.

If you Google MDVIP it will give you an idea of the benefits of the program. You can also call and talk with a representative to have questions answered.

It doesn't eliminate going to other doctors but at least you have one doctor that you can discuss everything with one doctor.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Jacqui
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Jean 0609 said:

Sue and natly,
    Sue, You are not a rambling idiot. You know that's why we are all here and we love you!

natly, sorry to hear that you are sick. Feel better soon. Hope you get lots of rest, and remember to drink lots of fluids (at least I can sound like your mommy). LOL

xoxo,
    Jean

Jean thank you for being my
    Jean thank you for being my mommy. I have low grade fever and bronchitis. The doc gave me a shot, and a z-pac. I had this in January too. It causes a bit of concern because I have read that radiation can cause post radiation pneumonia. If not better in a few days will get a chest xray. I see my Onc next Tuesday and I guess my white counts may be a little low becazuse I'm dragging my butt.
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    JacquiAL said:

New Primary Care
    I was having the same problem - not knowing which doctor to go to - pcp, onc, gyn. I was getting so frustrated because it was suggested that I have at least 4 different tests from these different doctors and was wondering if I could have just 1 or 2 tests that would tell me what the problem was. A friend told me about a program called MDVIP. The doctor is your primary care doctor but only see a total of 600 patients - my understanding is the average is much higher. The purpose of the low patient number is so the doctor can spend more time with you and discuss all of your issues including any tests, etc. that your other doctors, onc, gyn, etc. want you to have. The cost of the program depends on where you live by the cost for me is $125.00 a month. My insurance will not pay for it. You can pay quarterly so if you are not satisfied with the program you can discontinue it after the first 3 months with some conditions. You interview the doctor(s) first for about an hour at no charge. You can interview as many MDVIP doctors that are in you area until you find one you can work with. You are given the doctor's cell phone number in case of an emergency on the weekends/holidays and also the doctor's e-mail address in case you have a question but don't feel you need an appointment.

So far, it has been well worth it. My first appointment was an hour and a half (have you ever spend that much time with a doctor? My appointments usually lasted 15 minutes if that.) We went over all my issues both good and bad. At the end the doctor asked me if we had covered everything I wanted to. He assured me that this was just the beginning.

If you Google MDVIP it will give you an idea of the benefits of the program. You can also call and talk with a representative to have questions answered.

It doesn't eliminate going to other doctors but at least you have one doctor that you can discuss everything with one doctor.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Jacqui

I so understand.