Did anyone here decide not to do reconstruction?

13»

Comments

• MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    no reconstruction - no regrets
    I had a mastectomy of my rt breast a year ago. I chose not to do reconstruction at that time, and I knew that I could always choose to do that in the future. But, I, also, just didn't want to go through more surgeries. My husband was fine with my decision. It took awhile for me to get used to my new "profile" - but it doesn't really bother me at all right now. I am quite used to wearing my prosthesis - it's just part of my "getting dressed in the morning" routine now. I found some great camisoles that are really cute - and just high enough, I think, to keep anyone from being able to see my chest, even if I'm leaning forward (made by amoena) - double shoulder straps, sparkly "a" on back . . .

The good thing is that I know, if I feel differently in the future, I can always choose at that time to do reconstruction.

Best of luck - hope all goes well for you!!

♥ Lynn
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

My last two cents
    One of the things that I was vain about were my breast. At age 54 they were still perky with no droop. So I think that surprised my husband when I said no reconstruct. Also for some good pictures go to http://www.thescarproject.org/home.html good pictures there.

I hope you have some time to
    I hope you have some time to make your decision and are not hurried. Good luck to you!

Hugs, Kylez
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    @Michele
    I only had lumpectomy so can't give any advice..just good thoughts on making decision!