Remission. How many out there?

13»

Comments

• SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member

Berries etc
    Thanks Raquel for the information. I appreciated it. I will research a naturpath here where I live. Regarding my weight, I drink the Booast(sp) in the mornings. But I have to make sure I am home because it doesnt stay very long in me. I can honestly say the last few weeks I finally feel better about myself. I drink alot of water and gatorade. I even eat ice cream, shakes, malts. A dr even suggest for me to drink a beer or 2 because that would add calories. I do eat rice but I have heard to eat white rice and then I hear no to eat brown rice. I also eat bannanas as much as possible. The juices I have to take slow. I find its basically trial and error when it comes to eatting food and drinking liquids.

Thanks again. It is nice to come to a site where you find ppl that have went thru the same thing or almost the same thing.

:)

Barbara

I have been looking for some good receipes for chicken, fish, salmon.

Hi Barbara,

Send me a private message with guidelines of ingredients you love and anything you hate or avoid eating and I will write you a few healthy/easy/tasty recipes back for chicken, fish and salmon :)

Janine
  • MinniHaHa
    MinniHaHa Member Posts: 3
    Randy33 said:

NED 2 yrs
    I was
    dx July 2008 Stage 4
    Mets to liver
    surgery to remove cncer in colon
    10 rounds Folfox/Avastin
    colon resection Feb 2009
    NED since Dec. 2008 I did not need liver surgery as chemo caused the tumor to disappear

Exercise- 3hrs/day
    Diet- no red meat, lots of fruit/vegetables/whole grains, green tea, tumeric
    Supplements- asprin, resviratrol, Co-Q10, Vit. D3, fish oil, multi-vitamin
    Everything has been good so far except I still have some numbness in my feet from the chemo. Does anyone else have that problem and has anyone else had it last for two years and then go away?

How long in remission
    I live in England, and don't know if this helps you. I was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in 2007, it had gone to one of the lymph nodes. I had keyhole surgery and 6 months chemo with oxilaplatin and 5Fu. I also had polio of right leg as a baby and was badly affected by the chemo and became bedridden within 5 months, needing crutches for the last 3 years. However, due to a desperate attempt to avoid a wheelchair I made a last ditch attempt to improve things and now see a private physiotherapist who does deep tissue massage. It's been miraculous - since going to her weekly from the end of Nov 2010 I have been able to do without the crutches, she has massaged the muscles which stick due to the chemo. She has even improved the mobility and stability of my polio leg after 61 years! The neuropathy in my fingers has gone completely and my 'good' left leg is losing the foot neuropathy, its taken a long time but yes, it can still improve after a few years if you keep at it. Funnily enough, if I had not been diagnosed with cancer and had the chemo I would never have found this excellent physio. and improved my mobility generally. Good luck. I try to swim and do exercises 5 times a week, can't run or anything else but it all helps.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Randy33 said:

NED 2 yrs
    I was
    dx July 2008 Stage 4
    Mets to liver
    surgery to remove cncer in colon
    10 rounds Folfox/Avastin
    colon resection Feb 2009
    NED since Dec. 2008 I did not need liver surgery as chemo caused the tumor to disappear

Exercise- 3hrs/day
    Diet- no red meat, lots of fruit/vegetables/whole grains, green tea, tumeric
    Supplements- asprin, resviratrol, Co-Q10, Vit. D3, fish oil, multi-vitamin
    Everything has been good so far except I still have some numbness in my feet from the chemo. Does anyone else have that problem and has anyone else had it last for two years and then go away?

Randy,supreme greens help
    Randy,supreme greens help me. I buy the Trader Joes Brand, try it for a couple months! It may work for you. Tastes good.
  • Daffodil324
    Daffodil324 Member Posts: 59
    I'm currently NED.
    I was

I'm currently NED.

I was diagnosed in August 2009 after a tumor was found in a colonoscopy.
    I had a colon resection in August 2009. 3 lymph nodes had cancer cells. Stage IIIb.
    12 Folfox treatments from September 2009 through the beginning of April 2010.
    Since then all scans and labs have been clear. Colonoscopy in July 2010 found nothing.

At my appointment with the oncologist this week he told me all labs were normal and CEA undetectable.

I don't take anything for granted since I know anything can happen in the future. I appreciate every day that I am healthy.
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Dx November 08
    Stage 3
    oral

Dx November 08
    Stage 3
    oral chemo and radiation
    resection feb 09
    Folfox chemo 9 treatments
    Illeeostomy reversal Sept 09
    Hernia repair dec 09
    Ct scans have been clear since, as well as colonsoscopys( having one again tomorrow)
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    khl8 said:

Dx November 08
    Stage 3
    oral

Dx November 08
    Stage 3
    oral chemo and radiation
    resection feb 09
    Folfox chemo 9 treatments
    Illeeostomy reversal Sept 09
    Hernia repair dec 09
    Ct scans have been clear since, as well as colonsoscopys( having one again tomorrow)

Those NED any special diet?
    Those NED any special diet? Supplements? Eliminated any obvious stressors, you had prior to cancer? Or, have you done nothing, no canges in your life?
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    My husband was dx May
    My husband was dx May 2009,stage 2A;Preoperative radidation and chemo,then surgery in Sep 2009;adjuvant chemo folfox for 12 rounds.Clear scan Sep 2010,all the follow-up has been going well,still on 3-month check up schedule.

My husband takes asprin,fish oil,calcium and vitamin D.He doesn't follow a very specific diet,but he does eat a much healthier diet than before,and I do watch what he eats and cook food in my chinese way.I am happy he is NED,and hope he stays NED forever.
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    I'm so pleased that you're
    I'm so pleased that you're doing so well. I had less of a problem --- only stage 2 --- but I am NED for 5+ years. I am careful of my diet and I exercise, but I don't think these things have much to do with the probability of recurrence. May as well cross your fingers (I do that, too). So, good luck to you (and to me).

--Greg