Got tread?

aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
I know weird title but let me explain.

Ever since my diagnosis and this whole cancer hooplah, I have
become super sensitive, I was sensitive to begin with, and also
my tolerance for stress is below what it used. I get overwhelmed
quiet easy. I can cry at the drop of a needle. And therefore keep
anything sad or depressing far, far away from me.

If I was a tire my tread would be worn out. I know how to fix
that but I am not quiet sure how to fix me (:
Hoping that meditation and yoga practice and they gym will
help me get my grip back.

Today I visited a friend from 15 years ago, he found me on
facebook and I promised I would visit when I get better, so
off I went to Tucson. I knew he had health problems but I had no idea
about the extent. He's in a wheel chair, his muscles are degenerating.
He was amazing, he took me to his coffee house 2 minutes from his
house (Yes, I had tea, plum tea it was yummy), he played his guitar
for me, he's on the board of directors for the center of meditation etc.
I was blown away but I could not help thinking how he must have those
3 am and I am freaking out nights, insensitive people who treat him
differently.. kinda what we grow through.

I cried on my way home... but I admire him greatly.

Hugs,
Ayse

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    he sounds like a great person
    nice you got to reconnect...
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

he sounds like a great person
    nice you got to reconnect...

Wow, Ayse, what an inspirational person he is
    So glad you re-connected. I hope you both will be able to stay in touch now. He definitely sounds like a keeper.

Hugs and hugs, Renee
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Ayse,
    I admire YOU greatly. I know what you mean about the 'tire tread'. Your plan with gym, meditation, yoga is good and adding hanging out with old friends who happen to be an inspiration is even better.

Hugs to you, sweetie,

Sue
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Yes Ayse...
    It's like I am hyper-sensitive. Any little stressor seems like a mountain that I won't ever climb over.

I have told my docs and their answer was to increase my anti-depressant. Didn't help. Or, if it did, I would HATE to see what I'm like without it!

I get short tempered and at times get almost frantic over things.

I wish I knew the solution to calm our raw nerves, but I don't. Just know that you are not alone.

I'm glad you were able to spend time with your friend. He sounds like a very strong guy.

Hugs,
    CR
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    CR1954 said:

Yes Ayse...
    It's like I am hyper-sensitive. Any little stressor seems like a mountain that I won't ever climb over.

I have told my docs and their answer was to increase my anti-depressant. Didn't help. Or, if it did, I would HATE to see what I'm like without it!

I get short tempered and at times get almost frantic over things.

I wish I knew the solution to calm our raw nerves, but I don't. Just know that you are not alone.

I'm glad you were able to spend time with your friend. He sounds like a very strong guy.

Hugs,
    CR

I was just saying this to my
    I was just saying this to my aunt yesterday. I feel like my stress receptors are all worn out. my coping is not the same. New flower sent me some stress tea that I am going to try.
    I also know its an energy thing, and I coped and thought better before I started back to work. now I am so tired that I cant think most of the time. When I get tired I am more sensative. anyway so glad you got to see your friend.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    It sounds like you're doing
    It sounds like you're doing all the right things to get 'a retread'. You're taking care of mind, spirit, and body. So be patient with yourself, and continue being kind to yourself.

How wonderful that you were able to reconnect with your friend. I have found that to be one of the silver linings of this nasty disease. I think you are both inspiring and admirable people.

Hugs,

Linda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

It sounds like you're doing
    It sounds like you're doing all the right things to get 'a retread'. You're taking care of mind, spirit, and body. So be patient with yourself, and continue being kind to yourself.

How wonderful that you were able to reconnect with your friend. I have found that to be one of the silver linings of this nasty disease. I think you are both inspiring and admirable people.

Hugs,

Linda

Time will heal
    time will heal you as well as seeing wonderful people like your friend.
    Nothing wrong in being sensitive, while we all want to be strong. You also used to be a patient in treatment, now you are The Graduate who is taking care of yourself.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Ayse... what you have been
    Ayse... what you have been through and continue to contend with is an extreme life changing event. I think it's only normal to have periods of crying spells. Heck you're only human and it really hasn't been all that long since you were diagnosed and finished with treatment. It is a life adjustment that doesn't happen over night.

I am glad your friend helped center you. I think it does help to see how others contend with their own personal challenges. What luck you have! Your friend can probably give you some tips on meditation. Share the knowledge with us, if you please!
    BL
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Ayse... what you have been
    Ayse... what you have been through and continue to contend with is an extreme life changing event. I think it's only normal to have periods of crying spells. Heck you're only human and it really hasn't been all that long since you were diagnosed and finished with treatment. It is a life adjustment that doesn't happen over night.

I am glad your friend helped center you. I think it does help to see how others contend with their own personal challenges. What luck you have! Your friend can probably give you some tips on meditation. Share the knowledge with us, if you please!
    BL

Ayse....I feel it too.
    Ayse....I feel it too. Especially when I get tired or overwhelmed. Very sensitive. I try to think of it as being a lot more aware of pain and suffering and hope that it's made me a better person. For a long time I've tried to find the "silver lining" so to speak. I believe that everything happens for a reason so I accept this change in me to be a positive.
    Maybe I sound crazy and I hope I'm not rambling.......too funny, rambling seems to be another side effect.
    Your friend sounds amazing and I hope everything smooths out for you.
    You're an amazing person (read all your posts) and all my Best to you.
    Hugs,
    Wanda