nearly finished chemo

Options
Hello, read the posts often, try and pick up as much information as I can. Taking Xeloda 8 cycles on the 7th at the moment. Finish the 18th of march and looking forward to it with mixed emotions. Living in England and would like to go to Spain beginning of may, how long does the chemo effects last? Also have Ct and Colonoscopy end of April, so concerned about results. Dx stage 3b colon cancer tumor removed Aug 2010. love to all.

Comments

• colon71
    colon71 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    wonderful news
    It's so very nice to see that you are almost done with your treatments and God only knows how wonderful it will be to get away from everything and enjoy your trip to Spain. I have never had Xeloda so I cannot say how long it takes for the effects to wear off. I finished my chemo 6 weeks ago and know I still get tired at times but I know that will wear off over time. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing the results of your CT and colonoscopy in April. I had my CT two weeks ago and all looked good as I am now NED per my Oncologist. I am having my one year colonoscopy this coming Wed so I am nervous about that but I am sure it will look great....
  • belindahill
    belindahill Member Posts: 144
    Options
    colon71 said:

wonderful news
    It's so very nice to see that you are almost done with your treatments and God only knows how wonderful it will be to get away from everything and enjoy your trip to Spain. I have never had Xeloda so I cannot say how long it takes for the effects to wear off. I finished my chemo 6 weeks ago and know I still get tired at times but I know that will wear off over time. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing the results of your CT and colonoscopy in April. I had my CT two weeks ago and all looked good as I am now NED per my Oncologist. I am having my one year colonoscopy this coming Wed so I am nervous about that but I am sure it will look great....

chemo
    So glad things are going good for you, and I hope that it will continue. Will post soon the results of tests. I had emergency surgery so having colonoscopy post surgery. Fingers crossed for you.
  • schnauzerheads
    schnauzerheads Member Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Xeloda
    Have been taking it for only 2 weeks, and from what I've heard the effects shouldn't last too long after you're done. I'm still waiting for the "hand foot" syndrome.... Hoping all of your tests are cause for celebration, and have a great time in Spain!!
  • belindahill
    belindahill Member Posts: 144
    Options

Xeloda
    Have been taking it for only 2 weeks, and from what I've heard the effects shouldn't last too long after you're done. I'm still waiting for the "hand foot" syndrome.... Hoping all of your tests are cause for celebration, and have a great time in Spain!!

thankyou
    Hello schnauzerheads,hope all goes well for you. Never had any probs with "hand and foot" syndrome, loose stools often but controlled with meds. Chin up.