Just wondering??????

I'll be receiving my third round of A/C on Wed. All has been going great so far. My question is...I did loose most of my hair (kinda look like a chia pet)but now over the past week it seems like it's beginning to come back a little (I'm not going to get attached to the idea of it coming back because taxol is up next). I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?????

Thanks

Amy

Comments

• sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    i did taxol first
    all my hair fell out and then a very fine layer of little white hairs grew in. Stayed that way thru A/C and then when I took avastin it started to slowly grow.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I had 4 A/C then 2 weeks til
    I had 4 A/C then 2 weeks til surgery and 3 weeks til weekly Taxol, then the next week started 5 weeks of Rads. - Never got any hair back during any of it. About 3 months after last Rad, I had just enough that scalp was dark. A bit over a year out from last Taxol and getting close to last Rad and hair is still short.

We're all so unique.

Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Rague said:

I had 4 A/C then 2 weeks til
    I had 4 A/C then 2 weeks til surgery and 3 weeks til weekly Taxol, then the next week started 5 weeks of Rads. - Never got any hair back during any of it. About 3 months after last Rad, I had just enough that scalp was dark. A bit over a year out from last Taxol and getting close to last Rad and hair is still short.

We're all so unique.

Susan

Amy, I am sorry to say .. but, chances are you will lose all
    your hair once chemo settles into your system. All hair. There is no question about it, this is devastating - but bearable. Protect your scalp from cold, with soft wool knit caps, and sunscreen -- during the winter as well.

T-Gel from neutrogena is a good shampoo to use -- it keeps hair follicles clear of any build up, debris and sweat.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

Amy, I am sorry to say .. but, chances are you will lose all
    your hair once chemo settles into your system. All hair. There is no question about it, this is devastating - but bearable. Protect your scalp from cold, with soft wool knit caps, and sunscreen -- during the winter as well.

T-Gel from neutrogena is a good shampoo to use -- it keeps hair follicles clear of any build up, debris and sweat.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

I always had a little
    I always had a little stubble. it didnt grow on chemo, but this last part did not fall out. I was not totally smooth if I ran my hand over it, but looked it. I have heard of people having hair grow back during chemo. I lost my lashes and eyebrows during taxol. and afterward, lost them again. even now a year later the lashes grow in then are uneven. like they dont know what to do. but at least I have them.