Post Surgery Update

Options
herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
edited February 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Saw Onc again today, 3 weeks ago I started Avastin, before the Avastin I learned my CEA was down to 4.2 after surgery, with not having chemo for two months. So before I got my first dose of Avastin 3 weeks ago, they took my blood for another check. I found out today it was down to 3.4, again, that made it no chemo for 3 months pre/post surgery, still dropping, which are great numbers for me, a former 2 pack a day smoker, (just forced quit when had surgery December 20th) still occasionally have a cigarette which equal about 2 cigarettes a week. So today before the second Avastin (I also started the Xeloda back up 3 weeks ago)blood was taken again, I'm eager to see my CEA marker next 3 weeks, which will only show only 1 dose of Avastin and one of Xeloda, I'm looking for that number 1 to show up eventually, not bad for someone who's original CEA count was in the thousands!!!
The only problem seems to be a mass keeps showing up on my sigmoid, which during colonoscopy in November showed there was nothing there. But the ct scan I had 4 weeks ago, still shows a mass (this is same mass that has showed up since first CT scan, they thought this was where the tumor was originally, only to discover it was on right side colon instead). Onc says we won't worry about it at the moment since the lungs and liver showed clear and CEA numbers still dropping.
So he's going to increase the Avastin next time and possibly take me off of Xeloda, so I'll just be doing Avastin. How great is that?
So I can't say I'm NED yet, due to strange mass in sigmoid area, but I'm sure getting close I think.
Then he mentioned that a year ago things were looking very dire for me, he said "Wow, what a difference a year makes!" I have to agree with him.
Living and loving life at the moment.
Winter Marie

Comments

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    YAY Dizz!!!!!
    Sounds beautiful...... amazing results and still getting even better..... way to go Dizz!!! So enjoying life with you girlfriend!!!

Jennie
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

YAY Dizz!!!!!
    Sounds beautiful...... amazing results and still getting even better..... way to go Dizz!!! So enjoying life with you girlfriend!!!

Jennie

That's great Winter!
    Keep like that!
    Hugs!
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Options
    oops posted wrong place
    Sorry!
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Options
    So happy for you!
    Dear Winter Marie, I am smiling outloud at your post. So happy for you and the recent great news. Yes, what a difference a year makes. Avastin did the same thing for me. Happy Weekend, hugs, Joyce
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    You're My Miracle:)
    Has it been that long already? My, how the time goes when we're having so much fun, eh Winter? LOL!

It's an incredible turnaround in a year's time - just know things are moving in the right way for you now. To be able to witness, well, you've just had to see it with your own eyes to really believe it.

I'm so happy for you right now.

What about getting a sigmoid scope of the mass so we can get an eyeball wrapped around that thing? Could tell us what we're up against (if anything) and allow you to put a plan together for addressing that.

You've come so far, I just don't want anything to swing around and catch us by surprise, right? Watching and waiting is good while you're fighting these other fires, but if they could scope you real quick, I'd breath a little easier.

Can you let this ol' Texan know what you find out?

Love and Hugs, Darlin'
    -Craig
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

You're My Miracle:)
    Has it been that long already? My, how the time goes when we're having so much fun, eh Winter? LOL!

It's an incredible turnaround in a year's time - just know things are moving in the right way for you now. To be able to witness, well, you've just had to see it with your own eyes to really believe it.

I'm so happy for you right now.

What about getting a sigmoid scope of the mass so we can get an eyeball wrapped around that thing? Could tell us what we're up against (if anything) and allow you to put a plan together for addressing that.

You've come so far, I just don't want anything to swing around and catch us by surprise, right? Watching and waiting is good while you're fighting these other fires, but if they could scope you real quick, I'd breath a little easier.

Can you let this ol' Texan know what you find out?

Love and Hugs, Darlin'
    -Craig

YAY YAY
    Yay Winter i'm so happy for you .Keep up the awesome fight hun .hugs Tina
  • OGammy01
    OGammy01 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Liver resection
    I've decided this is the only way I can let you know how I am doing. I have tried four times to answer your personal messages. My brain is still not quite right. I had terrible hallucinations in the hospital but at least the two tumors in my liver are gone and the two hernias have been repaired. I won't see the surgeon until March 3 I will know more then. So glad to hear all your good news, you deserve it!

A big hug,

Diane
  • OGammy01 said:

Liver resection
    I've decided this is the only way I can let you know how I am doing. I have tried four times to answer your personal messages. My brain is still not quite right. I had terrible hallucinations in the hospital but at least the two tumors in my liver are gone and the two hernias have been repaired. I won't see the surgeon until March 3 I will know more then. So glad to hear all your good news, you deserve it!

A big hug,

Diane

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • La.Grammy
    La.Grammy Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Hip Hip Hooray!!
    What a turn

Hip Hip Hooray!!
    What a turn around!
    Grammy
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Winter Marie
    I am so happy for you! You are setting the world on fire.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    So happy
    You're doing great!

*hugs*
    Gail