Had markers and ct scan today

mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
edited February 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a CT Scan today and my markers done today and next Wednesday i have what they call a dry run and then I start rads on next Thursday. need to know more from ladies that have been there and done that. thanks MOLLYZ

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Hi Molly
    Well, I had 33 rads (the last 5 were boosters). My main complaint was fatigue. The good thing was, I could come home and nap on my couch with my dog every afternoon--and I did! It really went by pretty fast. Towards the end--maybe the last week or so, I had redness, but never to the point of blisters or broken skin. From even before my first treatment, I slathered on Eucerin cream. I also occasionally used Aquaphor ointment (also made by the Eucerin people) but it is really greasy. So, when I used the Aquaphor, (usually at night) I just slept in an old, ratty t-shirt.

The only other complaint I had was toward the end I felt like I had a pill stuck in my throat when I swallowed. My rad.onc. said it was esophagitis because they also had to radiate the nodes up by my clavicle. It wasn't painful and it did clear as soon as rads were finished.

Good luck with your treatments. You'll be done before you know it.

Hugs, Renee
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    missrenee said:

Hi Molly
    Well, I had 33 rads (the last 5 were boosters). My main complaint was fatigue. The good thing was, I could come home and nap on my couch with my dog every afternoon--and I did! It really went by pretty fast. Towards the end--maybe the last week or so, I had redness, but never to the point of blisters or broken skin. From even before my first treatment, I slathered on Eucerin cream. I also occasionally used Aquaphor ointment (also made by the Eucerin people) but it is really greasy. So, when I used the Aquaphor, (usually at night) I just slept in an old, ratty t-shirt.

The only other complaint I had was toward the end I felt like I had a pill stuck in my throat when I swallowed. My rad.onc. said it was esophagitis because they also had to radiate the nodes up by my clavicle. It wasn't painful and it did clear as soon as rads were finished.

Good luck with your treatments. You'll be done before you know it.

Hugs, Renee

I was able to work through
    I was able to work through rads. I had 35 with 5 boosters. Boosters are treatments only on the cancer site not the entire breast. It took more time to get undressed and dressed then the actual treatment. Keep lotions on. Like Renee I used Eucerin, aloe gel and towards the end had to use prescription Carrasyn. I would bring one of them with me and put it on before I got dressed again. Drink tons of water, and rest when you can. Walking also helps with the fatigue, even if it's only to the end of your driveway and back.

Like the rest of the treatments, not fun but doable.
    Sher
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Hi Molly, I finished up my
    Hi Molly, I finished up my 25 rounds of radiation last April. My biggest side effect was fatigue which was manageable. My skin held up really well, however; I was applying all the lotions liberally in order to avoid the burns. All my best on your rads and keep us posted.
    Mountains of Love,
    ~Kari
  • mollyz

Hi Molly, I finished up my 25 rounds of radiation last April. My biggest side effect was fatigue which was manageable. My skin held up really well, however; I was applying all the lotions liberally in order to avoid the burns. All my best on your rads and keep us posted.
    Mountains of Love,
    ~Kari

Thanks guys
    Thank you guys for the info,It's a new journey one i didn't really think about until the time came i will keep you posted and if i have anymore questions i will be looking for you'll.thanks MOLLYZ
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Good luck, Molly
    I did pretty well on rads and it was much easier for me than chemo. I didn't burn or experience fatigue. Honestly, my biggest complaint was having to get up early every day to have my treatment before work. I used Calendula lotion (bought at Whole Foods -- the stuff with only Calendula as an ingredient) twice a day (one right after treatment, in the dressing room). It'll go by pretty quickly.

Mimi
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    mimivac said:

Good luck, Molly
    I did pretty well on rads and it was much easier for me than chemo. I didn't burn or experience fatigue. Honestly, my biggest complaint was having to get up early every day to have my treatment before work. I used Calendula lotion (bought at Whole Foods -- the stuff with only Calendula as an ingredient) twice a day (one right after treatment, in the dressing room). It'll go by pretty quickly.

Mimi

Hi Molly! I only got dark
    Hi Molly! I only got dark pink during rads. I also used the cremes my rads oncologist prescribed from day one and for a few weeks after I finished. I did have fatigue, so, I got lots of rest and even took naps during the day. And, be gentle with the area being zapped.

The treatments go fast. It takes longer to undress. lol

Wear long pants and socks, as, the room is usually pretty cold. And, ask for a blanket if you need one.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Sue :)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Mountains of Love,
    ~Kari

I was really tired. It
    I was really tired. It didn't hit me for awhile, but, just going every day for 7 weeks does take a toll on you. Use your cremes and apply them heavily. Good luck!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    mollyz said:

Thanks guys
    Thank you guys for the info,It's a new journey one i didn't really think about until the time came i will keep you posted and if i have anymore questions i will be looking for you'll.thanks MOLLYZ

The pink sisters here have
    The pink sisters here have written everything I would say. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. Good luck with rads Mollyz!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Ritzy said:

Hi Molly! I only got dark
    Hi Molly! I only got dark pink during rads. I also used the cremes my rads oncologist prescribed from day one and for a few weeks after I finished. I did have fatigue, so, I got lots of rest and even took naps during the day. And, be gentle with the area being zapped.

The treatments go fast. It takes longer to undress. lol

Wear long pants and socks, as, the room is usually pretty cold. And, ask for a blanket if you need one.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Sue :)

Everyone has given you such
    Everyone has given you such good advice! My main one would be to use the cremes right away and really put them on very thick at night. You want to keep your skin moist.

Good luck!
  • mollyz
    susie09 said:

Everyone has given you such
    Everyone has given you such good advice! My main one would be to use the cremes right away and really put them on very thick at night. You want to keep your skin moist.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thank you thank you thank you. MOLLYZ