So I just had my surgery

Lilmiss82
Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
edited February 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone,

I don't know if you all remember but after radiation I had some " female" issue that needed to be fixed! Finally, I had my outpatient procedure yesterday morning (yay me!!) I'm experiencing some pain since they sent me home with a catheter and it's killing me:( I can't sleep and can't wait for it to come out later today. As far as the surgery it went well- Advance Warning if TMI, no access to my cervix but a lot of scar tissue removed. Please keep me in your thoughts today as I'm hoping that the removal of the catheter and packed gauze won't be as painful as my night has been:) Thinking of you all and always hoping for the best for all of us- Melissa

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    its good
    to hear from you its been a while since i have seen your posts.this surgery you just went thru is interesting.my radiologist put me on meds for scar tissue in that area.i had asked him if people can have surgery to remove the scar tissue and he told me no.hope you feel better soon....Godbless...johnnybegood
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Melissa
    Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Warm thoughts for healing + less pain are headed to you.
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hugs
    Good to hear from you, sending good vibes your way.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Melissa
    Glad that is over and you can now move forward feeling better every day.

Take care and don't over do it...just because it was outpatient doesn't mean you are 100%...yet!

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hi Melissa. Good for your
    Hi Melissa. Good for your surgery, I hope the discomforts get better. I heard about female issues after the radiation. I had radiation and chemo, the 5 week thing over the summer so it's been awhile. I have been wondering about the side effects on me and what changes have happened down that way. I'm wondering your story on that area if you don't mind sharing? I don't like what I was told and think we are too young to have to deal with it.

Gail
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    Sending positive
    thoughts and prayers your way!
    Hugs
    Shanna
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

Sending positive
    thoughts and prayers your way!
    Hugs
    Shanna

Hopeing
    for a good nite for u and to get well soon

michelle
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hi Melissa, good to hear
    Hi Melissa, good to hear from you! I was actually thinking about you yesterday and hoping that you were doing well, so I'm sorry to hear that you've been in pain.... I hope that you're feeling a little better now that the catheter was removed today. Take care, and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Cyn
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Hope you continue to feel better
    Hope all went well with the removal of the catheter. Sending you positive vibes and prayers for a quick recovery. Think of you often and glad you are doing well.

Hugs,
    Sara
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Hope you continue to feel better
    Hope all went well with the removal of the catheter. Sending you positive vibes and prayers for a quick recovery. Think of you often and glad you are doing well.

Hugs,
    Sara

Bless you Lilmiss
    This is in hopes that all will be well soon and that now its behind you in hopes for a speedy recovery time....Be well young lady.......Love to you, Clift
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Melissa
    Congratulations on getting those issues taken care of. Hope that darn catheter removal goes well and you are feeling better. I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Lori-S said:

Melissa
    Congratulations on getting those issues taken care of. Hope that darn catheter removal goes well and you are feeling better. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thinking about you. Get
    Thinking about you. Get better!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Better?
    I've been kind of out of commission and missed this when it was first posted. Hoping you're doing better now?

*hugs*
    Gail