recent biopsy & hubby didn't ask results

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I just went the therapsit-cuz husband very forgetful (great hubby and dad, grandpa etc) but very very forgetful.

I told him last week Dr thought all was good but waiting for results-I said I was not worried...HE NEVER asked *** therapist said IN his MALE MIND I am not worried so he shouldn't either.

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    I think...
    That not only the men in our lives but everyone around us, pick up their cues from us....I have a close friend who has just gone through what we have.....she, from the day of diagnosis, 4 surgeries to get clean margins and rads....has acted like she was told she had a hang nail! Then has complained bitterly that her husband acts very matter of fact about it...he's taking his cues from her actions....we all try to spare our loved ones, being women, that's what we do..but I think, personally, it's best to be up front and honest about our feelings...it's all a crap shoot and we do what we have to do...
  • disneyfan2008
    MAJW said:

I think...
    That not only the men in our lives but everyone around us, pick up their cues from us....I have a close friend who has just gone through what we have.....she, from the day of diagnosis, 4 surgeries to get clean margins and rads....has acted like she was told she had a hang nail! Then has complained bitterly that her husband acts very matter of fact about it...he's taking his cues from her actions....we all try to spare our loved ones, being women, that's what we do..but I think, personally, it's best to be up front and honest about our feelings...it's all a crap shoot and we do what we have to do...

MAJW
    too funny..i went to therapist yesterday about this issue...and she said the same thing...

I never missed a beat with work, family, babysitting grand kids-I OUT AND OUT SAID I NEVER WORRY ABOUT MY RESULTS ETC...

so therapist said to me "IF YOU say not worried why would he be worried?" very good point...

I feel my situation was very easy compared to most-so I don't say much..just do what I have to do...but this SITE has really helped me see many points and different sides of all this...
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    When I was going through my
    When I was going through my first chemo my hubby asked me how I was doing and I made the mistake of saying "I am okay". He jumped in my stuff and told me he wanted to know how I was really doing and not just some matter of fact comment. I have been honest with him about how I was feeling ever since then and he always been there for me.

Hugs

Donna
  • disneyfan2008

When I was going through my
    When I was going through my first chemo my hubby asked me how I was doing and I made the mistake of saying "I am okay". He jumped in my stuff and told me he wanted to know how I was really doing and not just some matter of fact comment. I have been honest with him about how I was feeling ever since then and he always been there for me.

Hugs

Donna

@Donna
    I am what I consider very strong, dont' complain and never miss a beat! superwoman...NOT sure why-even during radiation working full time, treatments on lunch-I packed a whole big house for friend alone nightly! nothing stopped me or slowed me down..

So I dont' really say anything to my family...

MY hubby sometimes I think has his head in sand...just what I dont' know I can't worry about..

HE THINKS since my cancer is over I am good for the most part..I did recently tell him..MORE LIKE when it come back NOT IF...

if that makes sense...

I DO not stress or worry about it...just do what I must

so I think MAYBE I should let him in more...(even after 25 yrs)

Denise W