Final reconstruction scheduled for tomorrow.

You think at this point you would be use to the whole surgery thing.....so why am I still worried? Ive been told this will be a lot easier. Im getting my nipples! Yahh!!!
They told me I would be having a sKin graft from my bellie to make the nipples. Also going to have some fat removed from my abdomen and injected into the sides of my new boobs where things are not quite symmetrical.
Would love to hear from others who have had this done.
My 1 year ann. was last week so when I was told breast cancer takes you out of life for
A year they were right! I see the light at the end of the tunnel though and ready for the finish line!

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    never been through this
    but would like to send good thoughts and happy seeing the light at the end of tunnel
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Glad to hear your at that "final" stage.
    I didn't have my nipples reconstructed using skin from my belly. They actually used the sking that was on the breast itself. At least this won't be a very long surgery.

I'll bet you're ready to cross that line...almost there!

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    I just got
    my nipples on Friday. I had the nipple flap surgery instead of the skin graft. It was really easy and I too was worried (Why??? lol!). It took about an hour. I was in the hospital in the operating room but under local anestetic and awake the entire time. The surgeon was chatting with me for most of the procedure. Now they are covered up in plastic "shapers". One word to the wise, these shapers are rather protrusive and so if you can, wear loose fitting clothes b/c they are very noticeable under clothes. I am to have the shapers removed on Friday but until then, I am wearing suits and jackets to work to cover them up! All in all, I felt fine, just a tad tired the evening of the surgery. I hope your skin graft is just as easy and that you love the look when you are done! Good luck tomorrow.

Xoxo,
    Clementine
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I just got
    my nipples on Friday. I had the nipple flap surgery instead of the skin graft. It was really easy and I too was worried (Why??? lol!). It took about an hour. I was in the hospital in the operating room but under local anestetic and awake the entire time. The surgeon was chatting with me for most of the procedure. Now they are covered up in plastic "shapers". One word to the wise, these shapers are rather protrusive and so if you can, wear loose fitting clothes b/c they are very noticeable under clothes. I am to have the shapers removed on Friday but until then, I am wearing suits and jackets to work to cover them up! All in all, I felt fine, just a tad tired the evening of the surgery. I hope your skin graft is just as easy and that you love the look when you are done! Good luck tomorrow.

Xoxo,
    Clementine

Thinking about 'nipples' .. that you for the posting ...
    ladies .. Please keep us updated .. Many WARRIORS have completed the exchange phase, and now are waiting to see if we are moving forward with 'nipples', or just finishing up with the tattoo's

I am one of those WARRIORS.

Strength and Courage.

Vicki Sam
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    VickiSam said:

Thinking about 'nipples' .. that you for the posting ...
    ladies .. Please keep us updated .. Many WARRIORS have completed the exchange phase, and now are waiting to see if we are moving forward with 'nipples', or just finishing up with the tattoo's

I am one of those WARRIORS.

Strength and Courage.

Vicki Sam

nipples
    I am recovering from diep flap suregery and my plastic surgeon asked at my last check up if I was ready to talk "nipples". I told him I was not ready . Don't know if I ever will be. I am just trying to feel better overall.

Jean
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

I just got

Xoxo,
    Clementine

Good luck today with your
    Good luck today with your surgery!

Sue :)