Wonderful Books

Sher43009
Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
I finally went to the bookstore and got After Breast Cancer A Common-Sense Guide to Life After Treatment by Hester Hill Schnipper. OMG! On every page I'm saying "this is me, I'm not going nuts". I also got Anti-Cancer by David Servan-Schreiber,MD,PhD but just skimmed through it for now.

Thanks to all who recommended these wonderful books.
Sher

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    I agree Sher, I thought
    I agree Sher, I thought Hester wrote the book about me too. Wonderful book.
  • Findingout
    Findingout Member Posts: 132
    the book...
    Hi Sher,

Can you tell a little about what's in the book? And if it's worth having when I'm post-surgery (mastec.) but still pre-chemo? Thanks!

Lin
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

the book...
    Hi Sher,

Can you tell a little about what's in the book? And if it's worth having when I'm post-surgery (mastec.) but still pre-chemo? Thanks!

Lin

Hester is my social worker,
    Hester is my social worker, I just consulted her as I am having some work adjustment/physical issues. I told her how much you guys loved and appreciated her book.!
  • Sher43009

the book...
    Hi Sher,

Lin

Hi Lin
    I think this book is

Hi Lin

I think this book is good for each treatment that you're done with. I had a lumpecomy in June 2009, chemo 4 A/C, 1 Taxol Aug.2009-Oct 2009, 35 radiation hits Nov.2009-Jan. 2010, Herceptin Nov. 2009-Oct. 2010, Tamoxefin Feb.2009 for 5 years. Now I'm reading the entire book and relizing I wish I had it as a referance when each treatment stopped. You can get it through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Another site that helped me is www.thecancercrusade.com. Good luck with your chemo, you will get through it.

Sher
  • Sher43009

the book...
    Hi Sher,

Lin

Hi LinI think this book is
    oops double post
  • Sher43009
    carkris said:

Hester is my social worker,
    Hester is my social worker, I just consulted her as I am having some work adjustment/physical issues. I told her how much you guys loved and appreciated her book.!

Hi carkris
    Do you know if

Hi carkris

Do you know if Hester does any public speaking/seminars? I live in CT and would love to hear her speak on this.

Sher