bad side effects already

Options
I have been on Xeloda for 10 days now and am having terribel side effects...i don't have the naseau but am very constipated. my mouth is sore and feels more like side effect of oxi than xeloda.

the one that really bothers me is, I seem to have trouble focusing (with my eyes)

has anyone ever ehad this side effect with Xeloda?

GrannyC

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    GrannyC
    I am sorry you are having these side effects. I haven't been on Xeloda; sorry I can't help you with that.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    AnneCan said:

GrannyC
    I am sorry you are having these side effects. I haven't been on Xeloda; sorry I can't help you with that.

I was on oxy and had all of the above except for mouth sores....
    eyesight did get better though after chemo was over...Buzz
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Xeloda
    Sorry hun, I haven't had any problems with the Xeloda, been on it this second time around for 11 days now.
    Winter Marie
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Granny C
    Granny C,
    First you are quite a beautiful granny. :)

Second, I don't know about the side effect but I want you to know I am thinking about you. I am so sorry you are having these struggles.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Sigma34
    Sigma34 Member Posts: 203
    Options

Granny C
    Granny C,
    First you are quite a beautiful granny. :)

Second, I don't know about the side effect but I want you to know I am thinking about you. I am so sorry you are having these struggles.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

I was thinking the same
    I was thinking the same thing Kathleen, "Granny huh? What?!"
    I don't have experience with that med so I don't know either but It is my hope for you, it passes quickly.

Christine
  • schnauzerheads
    schnauzerheads Member Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Xeloda
    I'm starting that tomorrow, so we should be able to compare notes in a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll stumble on some type of relief that I can share if I experience the same symptoms. Hope you get to feeling better.

Kevin
  • djm_2010
    djm_2010 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Hello granny c, I'm already
    Hello granny c, I'm already on my 4th cycle of xeloda and oxaliplatin and for the constipation I also have it but I try to offset it by eating fruits, milk and high fiber diet. If I have diarrhea I just eat bananas. With the oxaliplatin it's more of the cold intolerance but after 5 days I feel ok and go back to work. I had xeloda before for 25 days for my neo-adjuvant chemoradiation and I tolerated it well. Even now, the only side effect for me is constipation and dry hands and feet. No mouth sores yet but as prophylaxis I use mouthwash (hexetidine) at least 2-3x a day. I just pray that I would be able to tolerate my xelox treatment, I still have 5 more sessions to go. More good health to us and a long life. Take care. djm_2010
  • C Dixon
    C Dixon Member Posts: 201
    Options
    I also am struggling with
    I also am struggling with side effects from Xeloda. For the constipAtion, try a prognosis and stool softener. For the mouth sores, you can get a prescription for Magic Mouthwash. You can get that from your Onc or dentist. It won't stop them from coming but will help the pain.

Catherine