MRI with contrast-- of the chest-- yesterday

lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
I had and MRI with contrast yesterday and they carried one set and report to my oncologist and one set (with no report) was given to me. Of course last night I looked at them, as if I could understand!
BUT, I think I saw the same looking calcifications that I originally had when I was first diagnosed.
Those little white dots. :( Even though I had a mastectomy I have heard it can recur on the chest wall. Please keep me in your prayers and I will try and stay calm. There should be a rule about
NO Friday testing......makes for a long weekend.

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Oh Lizzie
    They did the same

Oh Lizzie
    They did the same thing to Taleena with the Friday call from the Onc. with concerns...our new mantra for the Oncs. is NO FRIDAY TESTS OR CALLS! too stressful to have to wait for results.Try not to panic.
    Dee
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    PLEASE don't go there, Lizzie!
    I know the urge. When Moopy had her post-mastectomy PET scan in December 2008 (on a Friday, of course), the hospital wanted to give me a copy to take up to our second-opinion oncologist in St. Louis the next week. I told them I would pick it up the afternoon before we left for St. Louis. I knew my self too well - knew that eventually I would load that SOB up on the computer, figure out how to access it, and scare myself into a frenzy over whatever it was I thought I saw. Experience has taught me that I made the right call.

There's a reason why they pay radiologists to go over these scans with a fine-toothed comb, and there's a reason why the radiologists take their sweet time doing so. I hate to sound like a teacher (which, in fact, I am), but pleeeeeease don't look at the scans!

Best,
    Joe
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69
    Aortus said:

I know the urge. When Moopy had her post-mastectomy PET scan in December 2008 (on a Friday, of course), the hospital wanted to give me a copy to take up to our second-opinion oncologist in St. Louis the next week. I told them I would pick it up the afternoon before we left for St. Louis. I knew my self too well - knew that eventually I would load that SOB up on the computer, figure out how to access it, and scare myself into a frenzy over whatever it was I thought I saw. Experience has taught me that I made the right call.

There's a reason why they pay radiologists to go over these scans with a fine-toothed comb, and there's a reason why the radiologists take their sweet time doing so. I hate to sound like a teacher (which, in fact, I am), but pleeeeeease don't look at the scans!

Best,
    Joe

Yes, Friday results are the
    Yes, Friday results are the pits! When I got my diagnosis on a Friday afternoon I waited until Monday to tell my coworkers because I did not want to ruin anyone's weekend.

I agree with Aortus- don't read them or even try. My husband is not super with xrays and even with all his medical knowledge knows to leave some things up to the experts, that is why they call it a specialty. I will urge you to go over them with your doc so as you look at them you can get clear explaination.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Yes, Friday results are the
    Yes, Friday results are the pits! When I got my diagnosis on a Friday afternoon I waited until Monday to tell my coworkers because I did not want to ruin anyone's weekend.

I agree with Aortus- don't read them or even try. My husband is not super with xrays and even with all his medical knowledge knows to leave some things up to the experts, that is why they call it a specialty. I will urge you to go over them with your doc so as you look at them you can get clear explaination.

I agree also, don't try to
    I agree also, don't try to read them or read anything into them. That is the radiologist's and doctor's job. Try to stay calm and just wait until you see them again.

Good luck to you and let us know.

Hugs, Angie
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Aortus said:

Best,
    Joe

you guys are all correct!
    I should not be looking at the films and diagnosing myself! When I had my magnification mammogram right before my diagnosis...in '08....my long time friend looked at the films and said, "nothing wrong here". So, point taken. Those calcifications that he missed, were exactly what lead to the MRI then, and DX, surgery, etc.

Funny, I am also a teacher. But I don't teach science. :) So, I will just wait, and try to wait patiently.
    Thank you everyone for keeping my perspective in order.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    lizzie17 said:

I should not be looking at the films and diagnosing myself! When I had my magnification mammogram right before my diagnosis...in '08....my long time friend looked at the films and said, "nothing wrong here". So, point taken. Those calcifications that he missed, were exactly what lead to the MRI then, and DX, surgery, etc.

Funny, I am also a teacher. But I don't teach science. :) So, I will just wait, and try to wait patiently.

Why do we always do that ?
    Why do we always do that ? We put the film up like we can read them and then read the MRI reports which just scare the hell out of ya. I just hate when they start comparing.Keeping you in my prayers, hugs
    Kathy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Kat11 said:

Why do we always do that ?
    Why do we always do that ? We put the film up like we can read them and then read the MRI reports which just scare the hell out of ya. I just hate when they start comparing.Keeping you in my prayers, hugs
    Kathy

Praying for you .. and keeping you in
    good thoughts!

Please let us know.

Vicki Sam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    lizzie17 said:

Sending prayers and positive
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Hugs, Diane