Hello everybody it's FRIDAY here ! anything interesting this weekend?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
As usual Friday dinner with friends and Cinema on Saturday, Sunday with my mother and siblings lunch!
Hugs!

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Homework
    Yep, that's my weekend, homework. But at least I'll be doing it outside in the warm sun, watching the monarch butterflies before they leave (Santa Cruz, CA is a winter home for the monarchs, at the Natural Bridges Park, they hang on the eucalyptus trees, and if you go in the morning early, you will see thousands hanging on the trees, it's quite amazing)for they're summer residences (like Spain, LOL).
    Winter Marie

(Yes, we have eucalyptus trees here, they were brought many many years ago, when people traveled via ship with wooden masts, they thought they would grow straight and strong here and be used for masts, but they grew many branches and not straight and tall at all).

(see, too much schooling, now I'm giving science and history lessons)
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    17th wedding anniversary Saturday
    we are off to the Sothern Highlands and the kids are having a sleep over with uncle.
    time flys as they say when your having fun.

Pete
  • herdizziness

we are off to the Sothern Highlands and the kids are having a sleep over with uncle.

Pete

Congratulations
    Wow, 17 years, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
  • pepebcn

Homework
    Yep, that's my weekend, homework. But at least I'll be doing it outside in the warm sun, watching the monarch butterflies before they leave (Santa Cruz, CA is a winter home for the monarchs, at the Natural Bridges Park, they hang on the eucalyptus trees, and if you go in the morning early, you will see thousands hanging on the trees, it's quite amazing)for they're summer residences (like Spain, LOL).
    Winter Marie

(Yes, we have eucalyptus trees here, they were brought many many years ago, when people traveled via ship with wooden masts, they thought they would grow straight and strong here and be used for masts, but they grew many branches and not straight and tall at all).

(see, too much schooling, now I'm giving science and history lessons)

LOL. I dondt think we have monarch butterflies here, too big
    for European standars ,you know everything is much smaller here! LOL.
    Enjoy the weekend Winter!
  • pepebcn

Pete

Congratulations Pete! 17 years is a good figure !
    Wish youn 33 years mor at least!.And yes "Tempus fugit" as Romans say!
    Hugs mate!
  • herdizziness
    pepebcn said:

LOL. I dondt think we have monarch butterflies here, too big
    for European standars ,you know everything is much smaller here! LOL.
    Enjoy the weekend Winter!

Hmmm
    Since I was married when I did my tour of Europe I can't say as I've had any first hand experience about everything being much smaller!!! LMAO
  • pepebcn

Hmmm
    Since I was married when I did my tour of Europe I can't say as I've had any first hand experience about everything being much smaller!!! LMAO

What about turkeys ?
    LOL.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Busy
    Our daughter is whisking her hubby away for the weekend to celebrate his birthday. So we're keeping all 3 kids all weekend. Yikes! *grins*

Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking the oldest, Owen, with me to a reception our Relay For Life committee is holding to celebrate survivors and caregivers.

On Sat. I'm going to a Valentine luncheon for my sorority, so Bill will briefly have them all to himself. I'm pretty sure he'll have a stronger respect for what I do every day. *grins*

*hugs*
    Gail
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Resting and maybe a little shoppinG.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Avoiding the border patrol....ok, that's the last...ROFL!
    2 antique markets. Dinner and a play in Amsterdam on Saturday. Laundry on Sunday after the market...

Happy Anniversary, Pete!!!

American expatriate hugs, Kathi
  • pepebcn
    tootsie1 said:

Busy
    Our daughter is whisking her hubby away for the weekend to celebrate his birthday. So we're keeping all 3 kids all weekend. Yikes! *grins*

Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking the oldest, Owen, with me to a reception our Relay For Life committee is holding to celebrate survivors and caregivers.

On Sat. I'm going to a Valentine luncheon for my sorority, so Bill will briefly have them all to himself. I'm pretty sure he'll have a stronger respect for what I do every day. *grins*

*hugs*
    Gail

There is nothing better than have the joy of the kids
    at home!, enjoy it!
  • pepebcn
    KathiM said:

Avoiding the border patrol....ok, that's the last...ROFL!
    2 antique markets. Dinner and a play in Amsterdam on Saturday. Laundry on Sunday after the market...

Happy Anniversary, Pete!!!

American expatriate hugs, Kathi

Enjoy you play in Amsterdam Kathi!
    I would like to be there!
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Resting and maybe a little shoppinG.

Hi Ketz , I'm going to do the same on Saturday!
    Take care!
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    pepebcn said:

Hi Ketz , I'm going to do the same on Saturday!
    Take care!

Warming back into the 70s
    Warming back into the 70s here this weekend so gonna get the garden tilled up. Time to plant in a couple weeks. (very short winters in S. Tx.)
  • pepebcn
    Kenny H. said:

Warming back into the 70s
    Warming back into the 70s here this weekend so gonna get the garden tilled up. Time to plant in a couple weeks. (very short winters in S. Tx.)

I love plant my summer plants but have to wait
    until April! Hugs Kenny!
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    warming up here!
    Should be in the high 40's which is better than -5 HA HA working at REI - an outdoor store and maybe skiing. What movie is in the plans?
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    Glad so many are enjoying the weekend :)
    Wishing I were gardening or taking a walk on the beach this weekend...instead, here in Utah I'll be watching the snow melt. Going out to dinner for yummy delicasies with another couple Saturday night and hope to spend most of my free time painting on Sunday - I have two portraits to finish up and new works to begin :)
  • pepebcn

warming up here!
    Should be in the high 40's which is better than -5 HA HA working at REI - an outdoor store and maybe skiing. What movie is in the plans?

Honestly I don't know the name but is the last of the Cohen
    brothers! It's a kind of western ,but don't remember the name! Hahaha! maybe you know it?
  • pepebcn

Glad so many are enjoying the weekend :)
    Wishing I were gardening or taking a walk on the beach this weekend...instead, here in Utah I'll be watching the snow melt. Going out to dinner for yummy delicasies with another couple Saturday night and hope to spend most of my free time painting on Sunday - I have two portraits to finish up and new works to begin :)

Hi Sister welcome to the Friday,s weekend post!
    Well I think your plan is a very good one too!
    Hugs!
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    pepebcn said:

Honestly I don't know the name but is the last of the Cohen
    brothers! It's a kind of western ,but don't remember the name! Hahaha! maybe you know it?

True Grit
    Pepe,

The movie is "True Grit" starring Jeff Bridges. It is a remake of a 1969 movie starring John Wayne and it has received very good reviews. I have not seen the new one yet, but the original is one of my favorites. My husband & I are huge John Wayne fans and have visited the original filming location in Ridgeway, Colorado & eaten in the True Grit cafe.

Enjoy the movie.

Wolfen