Anyone have TAC all at once?

So far I hear many have had TAC but did the AC and then the T. I had all three at once every three weeks for a total of 6 treatments. I am just curious if anyone else had all three infused at the same time.

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Same for me...
    Way back in 2003.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Same for me...
    Way back in 2003.

Kind regards, Susan

Yep...
    6 TAC treatments every 3 weeks with Neulasta 48 hours after each treatment. Finished in June 2010.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Yep...
    6 TAC treatments every 3 weeks with Neulasta 48 hours after each treatment. Finished in June 2010.

Yes, mam
    My onc. said--I want to hit this very aggressively with everything we've got (I was Stage 3C with 10+ nodes). I did the 6 TAC every 3 weeks, with the Neulasta after 5 of the treatments. I did so well, she cancelled the last Neulasta--ended up in the hospital for 5 days with a neutropenic fever :(. All in all, all went well.

Hugs, Renee
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69

Same for me...
    Way back in 2003.

Kind regards, Susan

Your bio says you had
    Your bio says you had "compressed/high dose chemo". I am pretty up on things and thought that is what we had. My understanding is that TAC all at once is really tough. I sailed through it, how did you do? The only issue I had was that I thought I would get the Neulasta but office said that they don't do it unless you end up needing it, I think because insurance can balk at it, it was $7500 each pop for me. Sure enough, within a week I started getting a fever, husband said I did not look right at all. My count was at 42. My normal prior to treatment was 5500. Brought me up to 7500 and never went lower than 3500. The nurse who manually pumped in the Adrimyicin loved that I had a port for that part. I did get really hyper, then dizzy every time in the beginning of infusion. Benadryl makes me like that. Never sleepy. The nurses would laugh at how talkative I got. I think I am too hyper a person for even chemo to get me down.
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    8 TAC infusions
    TAC all at once every 3 weeks, 8 infusions. It was very rough for #7 and #8....but I got through it. My onc said he wanted to be very agressive....and I agreed to do anything to fight this beast.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    cavediver said:

8 TAC infusions
    TAC all at once every 3 weeks, 8 infusions. It was very rough for #7 and #8....but I got through it. My onc said he wanted to be very agressive....and I agreed to do anything to fight this beast.

Me too. TAC all at once
    Me too. TAC all at once followed by Nulasta shot. Queasy, but other than that no problems with it.
    Dee
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Me too. TAC all at once
    Me too. TAC all at once followed by Nulasta shot. Queasy, but other than that no problems with it.
    Dee

I also had TAC every three
    I also had TAC every three weeks followed by Nuelasta shot the next day. My onco said he was going to throw everything at the cancer right off the bat. I had very high doses which caused my white count to drop to almost zero 0.04 to be exact. Always spent 4 days on the couch 5 days after treatment and then I was good to go afterwards except for the 17 days I spent in the hosptial 10 for a very serious infection and 7 for low white count and pneumonia. However looking at the results I would not change a thing.
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    beetle25 said:

I also had TAC every three
    I also had TAC every three weeks followed by Nuelasta shot the next day. My onco said he was going to throw everything at the cancer right off the bat. I had very high doses which caused my white count to drop to almost zero 0.04 to be exact. Always spent 4 days on the couch 5 days after treatment and then I was good to go afterwards except for the 17 days I spent in the hosptial 10 for a very serious infection and 7 for low white count and pneumonia. However looking at the results I would not change a thing.

TAC + Nuelasta
    I too had the TAC every 3 weeks for 6 treatments with Nuelasta the following days. I did fine...the pre-meds made me dizzy and drained, went straight to bed for a few days then when just as I was craving better food...steak & banana splits...it was time for another treatment. Had 36 radiation treatments. Did great until my 3 month check up...Dr found I had lyphodema...even before I noticed any swelling. Currently getting therapy for that. It was such a let down...because I thought I was FINISHED, DONE, OVER-IT, and ready to move on in my life. :( I really should consider myself lucky that I have an arm to swell.
  • EllenaMaria
    EllenaMaria Member Posts: 69
    Jacque101 said:

TAC + Nuelasta
    I too had the TAC every 3 weeks for 6 treatments with Nuelasta the following days. I did fine...the pre-meds made me dizzy and drained, went straight to bed for a few days then when just as I was craving better food...steak & banana splits...it was time for another treatment. Had 36 radiation treatments. Did great until my 3 month check up...Dr found I had lyphodema...even before I noticed any swelling. Currently getting therapy for that. It was such a let down...because I thought I was FINISHED, DONE, OVER-IT, and ready to move on in my life. :( I really should consider myself lucky that I have an arm to swell.

Beetle25- didn't that freak
    Beetle25- didn't that freak you out?! At first my husband was ok with them not giving me the Neulasta right off the bat. Then when I woke up with the fever he got real serious. After we left the office, after getting the shot, he just kept looking at me. Two days later the body aches in back and thighs was intense but doable. It is like you could feel the marrow being stimulated. The second infusion they had me come back for the shot and I had hardly any aches at all.

For me I managed to force myself to eat yogurt, corn and toast the first week. Eggs worked too. By the 2nd week the metalic taste was more tollerable and I could eat some more variety. One thing I did was tell myself that I had to stay healthy even if things tasted horrible. Knowing it would taste awful and just accepting that as fact just made it easier to eat balanced. Mind over matter.

I recall my onc telling me he wanted to give me the highest dosage possible too. Because I elected to only have a lumpectomy I think this was the best route to take and I would do it again in a heartbeat.