Anyone participating in the 26.2 with Donna this weekend?

MyTurnNow
MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
This is probably a long shot but I was wondering if any of you are participating in the marathon this weekend in Jacksonville Beach, FL. This particular marathon was started by Donna Deegan who is a 3x breast cancer survivor and also a local news anchor. 4 years ago she started this marathon. Her goal is to "Finish" breast cancer. All of the proceeds go to Mayo Clinic for research along with a portion going to her foundation for local women dx with bc and in need of financial assistance. I am participating in the marathon relay and have a team of 4 other ladies and me each doing a 5 mile leg. The last leg is being done by 2 of my Jazzercise instructors and they get the honor of completing 6.2 miles. It is a wonderful cause and I am really excited to be a participant. This is my first year. If you all agree, I will be taking you along on my leg.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am not
    but I will be thinking of you...
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

I am not
    but I will be thinking of you...

I am happy to be taken along
    I am happy to be taken along anywhere. LOL Seriously thank you for thinking of us and I admire all of you that do these events. I do the relay for life but the one or two laps is about all I can do. They are inspirational and even after all these years, still feel me with awe. So to those that are biking, walking, running, long or short distances, Hooray!!
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    MyTurn~ you know I LOVE
    MyTurn~ you know I LOVE 5K's, 10K's ,Relay For Life, Make Strides, 1/2 marathons, etc etc etc~ so HOORAH and thank you for doing this!!! I am on the mend from surgery on Tuesday, so my excercise is on hold for a bit...my heart is with you on your leg of the marathon!
    Have a grand time!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

MyTurn~ you know I LOVE
    MyTurn~ you know I LOVE 5K's, 10K's ,Relay For Life, Make Strides, 1/2 marathons, etc etc etc~ so HOORAH and thank you for doing this!!! I am on the mend from surgery on Tuesday, so my excercise is on hold for a bit...my heart is with you on your leg of the marathon!
    Have a grand time!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Have a wonderful time !

Have a wonderful time !