London will never be the same....ROFL!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
It was a lovely day!!! Meeting Sonia and Kathy....PLENTY of hugs!!! The weather was breezy, but great for walking. We saw the London 'Eye' (A giant wheel for sightseeing on the Thames). Had a great lunch and walked around. Talked together forEVER!!! YEA!!!!

And then, on my re-entry into The Netherlands, they were threatening to deport me...NO Joke!!!
Said I had been there too long as a US citizen. They kindly 'let me go' with a warning. Then, on the train, I calculated...the customs guy got it backwards. He actually calculated the time I was in the US...NOT The Netherlands....maybe a class in higher math might help????

So, all is fine, and I learned the rules for a 'buitenlander'....rofl! I called my beau and said "They are thinking of deporting me!"....he lost a few days of life...lol!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Crazy britons they are the only in keeping the borders in the
    EU. Shenngen countries!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a great time
    and glad you made it to your Dutch home.

Your poor beau...am sure he was ready to charge to your rescue!

Hugs and take care and take a calculator with you for future use of that passport!

Marie who loves kitties
  • jararno
    jararno Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Trip
    Sounds like you had a great trip! At least the London part! Immigration/Border Guards are the worst part about international travel! I'm sure that your fellow was a bit taken back by your phone call! ( My daughter-in-law is from Japan and has recently settled here in the USA after all the legal fiance stuff was done, I think it took about a year to get everything "in order"! ) Hopefully they don't harass you about all of this!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Take Care,

Barb
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    yay and oh no
    Hi Kathi,

I'm glad to hear you had such a good time meeting Kathy and Sonia!
    Bummer though about the hassle you got trying to get back in the Netherlands.

Ah well, rest up tonight :)

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Great!
    I am glad you three had such a good time. I hope London will be able to cope with the aftermath of you three! Good thing the Netherlands decided to admit you!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
    I'm so happy you all had a wonderful time!!!! OMGosh, the deportation thing, I'm sure a tense moment or two for you, must of been your smile got you through his bad mathematics!!!
    I'm glad you three met in such a wonderful area and got to gossip and such!!
    Winter Marie
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options

Fantastic
    I'm so happy you all had a wonderful time!!!! OMGosh, the deportation thing, I'm sure a tense moment or two for you, must of been your smile got you through his bad mathematics!!!
    I'm glad you three met in such a wonderful area and got to gossip and such!!
    Winter Marie

Sounds like a fabulous time! Do you have pictures to share?
    Sounds like a fabulous time! Do you have pictures to share? We would enjoy seeing them!

Lizzy
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Pics posted...not too many...
    Just too busy having fun, I guess...I'll ask Kathy and Sonia...

Dutch expatriate hugs, Kathi
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options
    KathiM said:

Pics posted...not too many...
    Just too busy having fun, I guess...I'll ask Kathy and Sonia...

Dutch expatriate hugs, Kathi

Great Photos! Thanks for sharing!
    Great Photos! Thanks for sharing!

Lizzy