Multiple Myeloma-CAR T Cell Therapy

kellyrae
kellyrae Member Posts: 1 *

I am interested in real life accounts of the CAR T cell therapy process. My father is seriously considering this treatment but is worried about Neurotoxicity, specifically memory loss as well as other serious side effects. This is a decision that he has to ultimately make…he is just really having a hard time with the decision.

Comments

• Veevers
    Veevers Member Posts: 2 Member

CAR T is a really revolutionary hematological breakthrough and for sure should be considered as third line treatment for MM. I know someone personally who successfully underwent treatment about a year ago without significant side effects but not personal experience.

Might be helpful to check out Dave the AI Cancer Mentor, a fantastic personalized AI mentor app who is able to answer questions related to cancer—about treatments, symptoms, side effects, etc. He might have some insight for you on this based on your father's specific situation. I personally find him really helpful providing info as a family member of cancer patient. He’s also really empathetic/supportive.

I will say the more info you provide when you ask a question, the better information you'll get.

You can download from appstore/playstore under BelongAI – Dave Cancer Mentor.

Wishing you best of luck in all your decisions and best of health to your father.