My nephew has high risk neuroblastoma

DinaL
DinaL Member Posts: 1 *

Hello everyone,

My nephew who is 8 years old has been diagnosed with high risk neuroblastoma stage 4. He needs to start aggressive chemo and radiation treatment as soon as possible, but even with treatment, his prognosis is below 40% chances of survival. His parents are set against starting treatment, and are looking for alternative solutions. They believe the chemo will just cause him unnecessary suffering but won’t really help. I feel that if they could meet and talk to a neuroblastoma survivor or survivor’s parents, it might make it tangible for them that treatment can actually save their son. Anything I tried to convince them to stop wasting time looking for alternatives that don’t exist didn’t help. I feel for them, they love their son very much and trying hard to do the best for him.

So the reason I am writing this post is to try to find a person who is a survivor of neuroblastoma or a parent of a survivor who will be willing to talk about their experiences to my nephew’s parents. Also, any information about organizations or societies whom it would make sense to contact on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all very much!

All best,

D