Stage 3 Rectal cancer Recurrence

hasanghp
hasanghp Member Posts: 1 Member
edited October 17 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi

I am male with 37 years old

I was diagnosed with stage 3 rectum cancer Aug 2023 about 6 cm tumor in my rectum and 8 cm distance to anal verge .I did first CT for checking metastas and it was clear.

My oncologist decided 6 rounds of chemotherapy with folfox. After it was ended, I did my second CT and shows that tumor size has been reduced about 50%, at least 4 lymph are in abnormal size, also a sub centimeter lesion in Lt. lobe 4 of my liver that should be follow up.

after that I started 28 radiotherapy plus oral xeloda. At Feb 2024 I did LAR surgery. Pathology answer shows 4/5 lymph invasions and margins are free and IHC results showed wild kras and no mutation . Apr 2024 reversed colestomy. After that I did 6 Adjuvant chemo with Folfox + Cetuximab+Bevacizumab. All process was completed at Jun 2024.
1 week ago I did first follow up PET/CT after 3 months from last chemo ending and unfortunately it shows 1 tumor in lobe 6 of my liver about 1cm dimension. after I have seen this result I’m so feared and scared. My oncologist suggested interventional radiology to destroy tumor. I didn’t expect recurrence to occur in this short time