How worried should I be from latest MRI results?

pbiflyer
pbiflyer Member Posts: 7 Member

4 years ago, was diagnosed with colorectal cancer in a polyp. The lab results showed it was invasive to the edge of the polyp. Had just a rectal excision for the area around the polyp and it showed no cancer.

Forward 3 years and I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Prostate was removed in April and again, the cancer was up to the edge of the removed portion. The doctor seemed to think that was fine.

PSA and CEA tests come back negative at the end of July.

MRI earlier this week showed thickening of the wall.They called it T1/T2. But they caveated it, saying it could be due to underdistention. So how worried should I be? Any insight?

Colonoscopy is scheduled in 2 very long weeks away.

Results:

IMPRESSION:1. T1/2 N0. Suggestion of annular rectal wall thickening in the mid rectum although this is nonspecific and may be due to underdistention, the muscularis propria is intact as well as the mesorectal fascia widely clear, recommend correlation with colonoscopy for intraluminal evaluation.

FINDINGS: Suggestion of annular rectal wall thickening in the mid rectum although this is nonspecific and may be due to underdistention, the muscularis propria is intact as well as the mesorectal fascia widely clear, recommend correlation with colonoscopy for intraluminal evaluation. Moderate colonic diverticulosis.Lymph nodes: No suspicious.Body Wall: No acute abnormality. Small bilateral fat-containing inguinal herniasBladder: Nondistended bladder is grossly normal, suboptimally evaluated.Vascular: No aneurysms.