Help me understand

Nikki1983
Nikki1983 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited September 16 in Colorectal Cancer #1

My colorectal cancer went from early (stage 0) to stage IIIc. So all my trust and faith in Mercy medical care has been used up. But their overly optimistic feeling oncologist tried to sell me 80% odds of complete recovery and my own research says 44% odds of complete recovery. I also feel like Mercy would say literally anything to stop me from suing my onetime PCP for dismissing my complaints for two years, that's right, a steady two years of bloody stools before he referred me to someone who listened and ran testing.

And I get everyone's optimistic attitudes but my PCP failed me. So I'm going to live, but I'm so mad I just want to punch someone, which isn't my personality at all. I'm becoming a stranger and monster. But I'm losing all of worldly goods, probably even our ****box apartment and once again no one is helping. I can't keep running my fiancé ragged with work to tread water and expecting her to be my caregiver!

I'm so sorry for the dumping, I really needed an outlet and some help/a guide/hope.

Comments

• TammieZ
    TammieZ Member Posts: 2 Member

Nikki I am so sorry you are going through this.

I'm glad you continued to be your own advocate and didn't give up on it. On this same site there is a spot that says sitemap. Click on there and look for Programs and Services. Click on Support in your area and it will have two spots, the top spot is keyword or program name. Leave that blank. Enter your zip code in the second space and the programs available in your area should pop up.

I hope you will be able to find financial help as well as other resources that will help you get through this.