Labor Day Celebrating America's Workers & Summer's Last Hurrah

wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,443 Member

Hello to everyone here on CSN H&N group, all members and visitors alike.
I would just briefly like to wish everyone a wonderful Labor Day holiday no matter where you are may you have a wonderful day.
My Oh My it's hard to believe we are near summers end already the time goes so fast and we need to cherish the moments.
I am wishing everyone victory in their head and neck battle as many times that feels like a huge labor when we are in the midst of treatment and recovery. Not to mention dealing with the aftermath of treatment leftovers.
So here are a few facts and images and may you all have the best day possible.
Take Care, God Bless,
Russ

Labor Day is a public holiday in the United States. Always observed on the first Monday in September, Labor Day celebrates and honors the contribution of the American system of organized labor and workers to the prosperity and economic strength of the nation. The Monday of Labor Day along with the Saturday and Sunday preceding it is known as the Labor Day Weekend and is traditionally considered the end of summer. As a federal holiday, all but essential national, state, and local government offices are typically closed on Labor Day.

Labor Day Key Takeaways

• Labor Day is a national holiday in the United States always observed on the first Monday in each September.
  • Labor Day is observed to celebrate the contributions of organized labor and workers to the prosperity of the U.S. economy.
  • The first Labor Day celebration was held on Tuesday, September 5, 1882, in New York City, while Oregon was the first state to actually adopt a Labor Day law on February 2l, l887.
  • The United States Congress declared Labor Day a federal holiday on June 28, 1894.

Along with the day’s historical significance, Americans tend to consider Labor Day as marking the “unofficial end of summer.” Many people wrap their vacations around Labor Day in anticipation of fall activities, like the start of school and cool-weather sports.

Wishing You All The Very Best

Take Care, God Bless,

(NEGU) Never Ever Give Up

Russ