CT Scan of Vaginal Cuff

I had a hysterectomy in 2016 do to Complex Atypical Hyperplasia. While experiencing ovarian torsion I had a CT Scan and an ultrasound done. The CT Scan showed thickening and enhancement of the vaginal cuff. My doctor says it looks okay so it’s fine. Should I get a second opinion or is it okay?

Comments

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 1,010 Member

Welcome Ivernon. You have touched on a concept that we deal with a lot. Do you need to know 100% or are you comfortable with odds. If the want definite answers seems like the doctor needs to do a vaginal exam and look. The doctor is telling you what he sees in his practice. But we on the board know many who are the exception, and the doctor is surprised. So, you can answer your own question. Are you content with percentages, or do you need to know for sure. Tell your doctor what you decide. Good luck.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited September 1 #3

Ivernon1999, I had to re-read your post a few times to sort it out in my mind. The hysterectomy took just the uterus, so that left the ovaries and cervix - got it.

When was the ovarian torsion? (I have'll to go look that up) *I just looked it up. Had not heard of that before, so now I have learned something new for the day!

I will say this. I have seen more and more, we must be our own advocates for everything we want. Very few 'go the extra mile' and if you want to understand it than push your doctor.

In the end I would ask you let us know what you do. We all can learn more, especially if you go further with test.