possible soft tissue sarcoma

hamster0513
hamster0513 Member Posts: 1 *

hi guys, i hope it is appropriate for me to post here not having been diagnosed yet. i visited my primary care doctor on tuesday, we discussed my symptoms and she reviewed my ultrasound of my abdominal tumor i had done at hospital and she is referring me to a surgeon to remove the tumor and send it to pathology. i am just feeling very anxious and i have so many questions, but a lot of them won’t be answered until i meet with the surgeon. has anyone who has had diagnostic surgery know what to expect at the initial consultation? does anyone have any tips for coping with the anxiety of waiting?? i have just graduated high school this year and i am terrified of this ruining my future, like not being able to go to college and stuff. if anyone has any tips for coping with the anxiety of not knowing please let me know. thank you

Comments

• SusiHensley
    SusiHensley Member Posts: 1 *

I am sure the doctor will ask for more tests, CT, MRI and Biopsie before making a final diagnosis . Try to stay positive and busy, surrounding yourself with friends and family that give you positive vibes. No need to panic yet, but I know that’s easier said than done.