Breast radiation and headaches

I had a lumpectomy Feb 2024, I had to wait too long for an oncologist so chemo would only be effective 1.2% for my triple negative breast cancer- I finished radiation Aug2 and 4 days after the constant shooting headaches have been nonstop and terrible- the cancer clinic and staff will not acknowledge that these are from the radiation- after 3 weeks, all day every day, it’s moved to my left side- the pain it horrible- I cannot get any help or any one to listen to me- this is not normal for me and they say it’s not relative to the breast radiation- it is! I’ve never had this prior to treatment- I don’t know what to do at this point- headache medication barely touches it- I drink liters of water- I’m not dehydrated- there has to be nerve/swelling of the brain after treatment- this is not normal!!

Comments

• bettytatA62
    bettytatA62 Member Posts: 2 Member

Go to a neurologist for your headaches. And in the visit tell the doctor about your cancer and that the headaches happened to start after the radiation but don’t “state” its from it. Let the doctor make the connection. You know what you know but sometimes these doctors know their specialty and can’t deal with anything else, much less a patient that knows her own body. Some doctors have big ego’s and others just can’t move on beyond what they know.

• noll150
    noll150 Member Posts: 2 *

Please get a brain mri asap. Tell your oncologist about the headaches.