Asymmetrical soft tissue on vaginally cuff

My CT scan shows an asymmetrical soft tissue mass on the right vaginally cuff. Now, my doctor has ordered an ultrasound of the area. Could this be indicative of cancer?

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,476 Member

msw410, sorry there has not been a reply to your question, but I don't know if any of us are really qualified to comment. I think, more importantly, your doctor is investigating it and not blowing it off.

IF you find out it is cancer, and let's see what the ultrasound shows, or a biopsy, make sure you are working with a gynecologic oncologist.

Please let us know how it is going.

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 105 Member

I had that in my PET/CT scan last September. Only one side of my vaginal cuff lit up on the PET part of the scan. When they took biopsies, the cancer was found so early, that they couldn't get NGS readings on it. It still showed the same er+ adenocarcinoma. They ended up doing intersistal brachytherapy just on that spot. (No picnic, but it is completely gone now.) It was caused because I had to take time off my systemic therapy (Ibrance 100 mg and anastrozole). Now the dose of Ibrance has been lowered, so things are ok.

At the same time, an old lung nodule that the Ibrance had been keeping back, became malignant and was also treated. Been in the clear since changing doses.