Pain around penis, testicles, anus, like prostatitis pain after prostate surgery Is this normal?

JP63
JP63 Member Posts: 35 Member

I had prostate surgery around 2 years ago. So far my PSA is still undetectable.

However I now have pain that comes and goes, like a burning sensation / spasms sometimes around my penis, testicles, anus. ……Like pain from prostatitis (but no prostate now so that's not possible)

They did a test for an urinary tract infection but no infection was found.

Is this common? I mentioned it to my urologist once but he did not paid much attention to it.

I think I am getting another appointment

Comments

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,135 Member

Hi,

From what I have heard over the years this is not a side effect from your surgery. If it was me I would investigate further maybe with another Urologist if your current one shows no interest.

Dave 3+4

• On_A_Journey
    On_A_Journey Member Posts: 123 Member

Sounds like your pudendal nerve has been damaged.

Google pudendal neuralgia and see what you come up with.

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,135 Member

Hi,

Another question, have you had this problem since day one of your surgery or did this just occur recently?

Dave 3+4

• JP63
    JP63 Member Posts: 35 Member

. I think I also felt something similar after the prostate biopsy but then it went away.

after surgery 2 years ago I certainly had it for sure. Since I have also Crohn’s disease I thought at that time it may have been Crohns.

I also had surgery for Crohns 5 years ago and they removed the sigmoid colon and the anastomoses is also right there. Too many stuff happening around that small area……

Well if it’s that I am ok with it.

I was worried, that it may be related to cancer in that area but since PSA is not detectable it should not be that.

The pain went away sort off after surgery but now I may have sort of a crisis.

I thought it may be related to having sex but since no sex last weeks and more pain, it is not that……So I am gonna Google about that syndrome. It may be certainly that.

Wow this is a great forum!!!

Of course I am gonna go anyway to the urologist appointment.

• Dan1959
    Dan1959 Member Posts: 4 Member

I am 2-1/2 years out from surgery and experience the burning sensation (like prostatitis), which comes and goes. Also feel pressure in rectum, like have to make a bowel movement. Probably related to pudendal nerve damage during surgery. It's not debilitating for me, so I try to ignore it. My urologist is equally disinterested.