Volunteer

rmn1
rmn1 Member Posts: 1 *

Diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer at 31 years old January 2024. Looking to volunteer somewhere helping others going through the hardest time of their lives. Not sure where to start? Hudson Valley, NY.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,476 Member

That's beautiful, rmn1!

Sometimes it is hard to find something, but if you are want something specific with OV, I would suggest checking out SHARE Cancer Support. Not sure what they have to help, but they should be able to give you some ideas.

• Yosefa
    Yosefa Member Posts: 11 Member

Hi there!

I hope you are well now, seeing as you are wanting to volunteer and give back! That's wonderful 😊

I met ladies, here in Seattle from this foundation below, which is all over US but headquarters in Chicago. It is primarily for Low Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer, which younger ladies often have. Not sure if that applies to you, but link is here:

https://www.staaroc.org/

Also there is Camp Mak-a-Dream in Missoula, Montana. They look for volunteers for there various camps, with Cancer patients, including children and ladies. In September they have 2. One OC specific, and one all cancers ladies retreat.

I hope this helps you!

All the best wishes,

Ingrid