Help ease my mind Pet/CT scan results

irish1437
irish1437 Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi there i recently had my first pet scan as i haven't been feeling great over the past several months, blood work out of wack, pain, exhausted. I'm 40 yr old female, diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety, diabetes. I do have fibroids and a history of them for years. But the SUVmax of 5.8 on left ovary has me concerned. Doc ordered ultrasound and ca-125.

Focal uptake seen within the left ovary which may be physiologic in nature. Further imaging can with a pelvic ultrasound may be helpful to exclude an underlying lesion. Improvement/resolution of previous periumbilical fluid collection. There is mild uptake at the umbilicus which may be related to inflammation. -------- FINAL REPORT -------- Dictated By: Banson, Martin L Dictated Date: 08/06/2024 10:16 Assigned Physician: Banson, Martin L Reviewed and Electronically Signed By: Banson, Martin L Signed Date: 08/06/2024 10:37 Workstation ID: ALCPZRAI001 Transcribed By: Self Edit Transcribed Date: 08/06/2024 10:16

Narrative

CLINICAL HISTORY: Tumor left pinky finger. Abdominal pain. TECHNIQUE: Approximately 60-minutes after the intravenous administration of 8.04 mCi of Fluorine-18 labeled FDG, PET/CT imaging was performed from the level of the top of skull to thighs. PET images were reviewed in standard orthogonal projections. Non-contrast low dose CT imaging was performed for attenuation correction and anatomic localization of FDG avid lesions only. The CT is not designed to produce, and cannot replace state of the art diagnostic CT scans with specific imaging protocols for different body parts and indications. CURRENT PROCESSING ALGORITHM:GE Discovery IQ: Q-clear FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE PRIOR TO INJECTION: 171 mg/dl. COMPARISON: CT scan of the abdomen pelvis done on 07/01/2024. FINDINGS: Head and NECK: There is fairly symmetric FDG uptake within the neck likely representing normal physiologic FDG uptake. There is fairly symmetric uptake within the brain. CHEST: No abnormal FDG-avid lymph nodes are noted within the axillary, mediastinal, or hilar region. No abnormal FDG uptake is noted within the lungs. Study technique limits assessment for small pulmonary nodules. ABDOMEN and PELVIS: There is normal FDG uptake within the liver, adrenal gland, pancreas and spleen. There is a heterogeneous tubular FDG uptake within the bowel. This is felt most likely related to physiologic heterogeneous bowel excretion and uptake but limits evaluation for bowel, serosal, and peritoneal pathology. Previous periumbilical fluid collection/hypodensity has improved/resolved. There is mild uptake at the umbilicus which may be related to inflammation. There is a fibroid uterus with a posterior fibroid. There is a focal uptake involving the left ovary which may be physiologic in nature. The max SUV is 5.8. MUSCULOSKELETAL: There is normal marrow activity involving the axial skeleton and visualized portions of the appendicular skeleton. No abnormal FDG uptake is noted involving the hands. The lesion within the left hand is not FDG avid which limits evaluation on a PET scan. INCIDENTAL CT FINDINGS: Postsurgical changes lumbar spine. Fibroid uterus.

Thank you for any assistance. Love, strength and hugs to all!