TERRIFIED - PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

MollyMarie64
MollyMarie64 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited July 19 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Hello! I am absolutely terrified! ☹ My beautiful 33-year-old daughter went to urgent care due to urinary urgency, lower back pain, and microscopic blood in her urine. She did not have a UTI, so they sent her for a transvaginal ultrasound, and the findings are below. Could someone please give me their input regarding her test results and what the next steps should be?

I truly thank you for your time and help!

~Molly

FINDINGS:
Anteverted uterus measures 7 x 4 x 4 similar. Myometrial and endometrial echotexture are within normal limits, except for 14 mm hypoechoic nodule in the anterior fundus, compatible with small fibroid. 

ENDOMETRAL COMPLEX
Endometrial complex measures 10 mm.

RIGHT OVARY
The right ovary measures 2.7 x 1.1 x 1.4 cm, for volume of 2.2 mL, with small follicles and preserved flow. 

LEFT OVARY
* Left ovary is ENLARGED, measuring 6.1 x 4.4 x 5.4 cm, for a volume of 76 ml.
* Large complex cystic is noted measuring 5 x 4 x 4 cm with mural nodule. 

LARGE OVOID CYSTIC STRUCTURE
Large ovoid cystic structure is noted in the midline, adjacent to the left ovary, compatible with paraovarian cyst, possibly 1 large loculated or 3 adjacent cysts, total size measuring 6.7 x 2.9 x 5.3 similar. 

SMALL FREE FLUID

This exam was performed on 7/9/2024. 

Comments

• MollyMarie64
    MollyMarie64 Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 10 #2

Could someone PLEASE look at her US report and explain what it means? I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!

~Molly

• pik3r1
    pik3r1 Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 12 #3

Hi @MollyMarie64 - I'm not a medical professional and don't have the knowledge to triage this case. In my own case I had an ultrasound that was suspicious and immediately had a followup CT and then biopsy, but my case is very different from your daughter's case other than that I also had a (benign) uterine fibroid show up. (Those are fairly common.) Unfortunately, this forum probably can't give you any real information based on that report.

I hope your daughter has been able to followup with the physician who ordered the test or has something scheduled soon with her regular doctor to understand what this says and what the next steps are for diagnosis and treatment of whatever is causing her this pain. If the appointment hasn't happened yet and you'll be attending, it's useful to have questions written down in advance. Best wishes to you and I hope your daughter fully regains her health. ♡

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,476 Member

MollyMarie64, like pik3r1, I am not a medical professional. It sounds like she needs to be working with a gynecologic oncologist. They specialize in gyn cancers, and I can't say that is what she has, but if there are suspicions that would be the best place to start.

• rdubins
    rdubins Member Posts: 26 Member

MollyMarie - I'm not seeing anything that says "metastatic" or "cancer"—this may not be as scary as it seems. I have ovarian cancer, and my CT scans had those words ALL OVER the place.