Getting help after 30yrs of radiation treatment

Ttsr62368
Ttsr62368 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited July 8 in Stomach Cancer #1

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. This has been a crazy time for me because I am a 30-year cancer survivor. The radiation treatment that I have received during my treatment is kicking my butt. Six months after receiving radiation treatment, My small intestants became fused together. surgery was performed. Since then, I have been living a life centered around my bathroom visits. Recently, a CT scan so

showed a cyst on the pole of my left kidney, a mass in my stomach, and a lesion on my liver. One GI doctor looked at one of my CT scans and announced to me that I have liver cancer. After that he refused to see me anymore. Now I am setting up appointments for treatment at another establishment. Before moving on to another Hospital, I was sent from department to department with very little results. This is when I became my own advocate. I have never been in the position where I had to read my own CT scans and ask for help from a qualifying doctor. To my surprise, I had a double hernia that no one was telling me about. I never knew how dangerous a hernia is until I read up on them. My question is why is my care team ignoring and down playing hernias? The moment I had the two removed, 85% of my pain, and symthoms went away. Another hernia showed up recently and the pain returned with a bladder infection, and inflammation along my descending colon. How cold a GI doctor ignore a hernia? Why ignore something that causes infections and pain? Get this I mentioned to my new GI doctor that the one or both umblical hernias are back. To my surprise she did not see this as a big deal. Well she is not in pain from hernias I am and I have scheduled an appointment with another GI doctor.