Multiple primary melanomas

lovetheskinyourin
lovetheskinyourin Member Posts: 1 *
edited July 19 in Skin Cancer #1

Hello!

I write to hear others stories, because I don't know anyone who's had melanoma. In the last 2.5 years, I have had 3 melanomas (2 insitu and one 1a). I've also had one basal cell.

In an effort not to devastate myself, I didn't goggle anything. But thought to seek the experience of others. Anyone else traveling a similar path? I have 3 month check ups and also AI scanning every 9 months. I have had genetic testing, which came back negative. I have over 600 moles/spots. Most are all atypical. Besides the sunscreen, UV clothing, check ups and overall intentional mindfulness of the sun- anything else I should be seeking out/doing? Any other treatment you'd recommend?

Appreciate the insight and your time. Thank you!!

Comments

• ddmontg
    ddmontg Member Posts: 2 *

I understand and I’m kind of similar. I have had annual skin checks for as long as I can remember, and I don’t know why this year, in the past month I have had two melanoma in situ, and currently waiting on another biopsy result. I just pray it’s nothing. it has become very overwhelming as I get in my own head and don’t really know quite how to live life right now. Where were yours? I have one on my back one of my knee and the other biopsy. I’m waiting on is on my thigh. I don’t personally know what other steps to take other than what you were doing. I’m doing similar. It’s all an awful lot and feels rather daunting some days. And I probably overthink everything. If there’s any tips or tricks that you know, or have heard of, please pass along.