Need Advise

jcullins
jcullins Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 20 in Ovarian Cancer #1

My mom was diagnosed of ovarian cancer , we need help. Doctors in Summerlin hospital keep saying she is dying- we feel like it’s not right and humane. Please help us she is fighting, she is in icu right now. Her CA 125 is 1400 . We only went there to drain her asceitis from then on she got weak. She does her chemo at ucla but c/m she live in Vegas. We need help…

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,476 Member

ah jcullins, I am sorry. I would hope no one is saying it like that but nothing should surprise us anymore.

It sounds like she has a lot going on between her CA count and draining of ascites. I would suggest staying with your mom as much as you can, making her comfortable and chatting with her.

Hugs dear

• rdubins
    rdubins Member Posts: 26 Member

Some bedside manner needed there. That's a pretty tough message to hear. This is a difficult beast - and your mom is doing her best to fight back. First line treatment is of course, chemo and surgery, which I assume she's had already. The monster has a good likelihood of coming back, that's the thing. Be with her, stay with her, comfort her. I'm in her shoes. It's a tough fight, she needs a good medical team helping her make decisions about the path forward. Best to you both—huge hugs.

• RachelsGarden
    RachelsGarden Member Posts: 4 Member

I was my mom's caregiver when she was given the end stage ovarian cancer diagnosis. She fought so hard. She also had to have her abdomen drained at one point. We spent our time together capturing her stories of her life and messages for her loved ones. We were near Tampa, Florida, and our onco was amazing, but truthful to us. It was hard to hear everything he had to say. But he was kind and listened to us and offered us advice on how to move forward once her cancer stopped responding to treatment. We also ended up bringing Hospice in. They were so wonderful. They worked with us every step of the way, anytime we needed them. My mom passed in 2005 so I am hoping and praying that things have improved for ovarian cancer treatments. I know this post was from May, but I am praying that things are going better for you and her.