Biofilms: A DEADLY Complication from Implanted Medical Devices. ESSENTIAL Trach Tube Info!

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,309 Member
edited May 7 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Here is a video from a young lady I follow on her channel. She always has good information in short easy to understand videos. Here is one recently about something I have never heard of "Biofilms", never knew such a thing existed. This may be helpful to some of our members with trachs and it apparently can affect prosthetic joints, pacemakers, and other items.

Biofilms are deadly bacterial infections which attach to implanted medical devices such as pacemakers, urinary catheters, tracheostomy tubes and prosthetic joints. Biofilms are extremely hard to treat with antibiotics and are often antibiotic resistant because they hide in a polysaccharide layer called slime. Using the slime as a defense, these infections evade the immune system and cost many people their lives. #lifewithavent #trach #biofilm

Biofilms: A DEADLY Complication from Implanted Medical Devices. ESSENTIAL Trach Tube Info!

If you would like to see more of her videos or follow her here is her story…..

From Med School to Life Support, When My World Shattered

And, here is the link to her YouTube channel…like and subscribe you will gain knowledge and a better appreciation of life and its fragility.

Wishing You The Best

Take Care, God Bless

Russ