Is this normal in my mouth or?

Options
sheepstew21
sheepstew21 Member Posts: 29 Member
edited May 6 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hi all so I’ve noticed I’ve had a sore area in mouth for ages with my tounge it feels like a raised cut and is sore to touch - this is the little red marks seen in the photo and i took a video and caught this so I have a few red marks and the lighter patches in my mouth? I was wondering if this warrants any concern

People may remember me from an issue with my jaw before and I hate having to post again but this got me concerned (I hardly look in my own mouth so no idea how long this has been there) I think I’ve had a ‘sore area’ there for many years and I used to bite my cheeks a lot but I haven’t bit them for a long long long time now so I’m a little concerned

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options

Hello Sheep

If I am correct you had an issue with a bone growth on your chin or jawbone area. I believe that problem was resolved is that correct?

So this new or possibly old issue with your tongue I recommend you get to an ENT (Ear Nose & Throat) doctor as soon as possible and have it checked out. There are so many variations going on with the tongue it is hard to tell by the picture you provided.

Besides, since you have a sore area that has been prevalent for a long time it would be good to see a professional about your whole tongue and mouth area to find any issues or not and put your mind at ease.

As I have said many times there is a lot going on in the head and neck area, swallowing, breathing, speech, taste, saliva, etc., all very important so you don't want to wait, you want to catch any problems as soon as possible to protect the functions of this important area.

Wishing You The Best

Take Care, God Bless

Russ

• sheepstew21
    sheepstew21 Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

hi there yeah that was me they said it’s exostosis and just told me to go back if it grows
    oh sorry I miswrote the post as it was early, it’s inside my cheek where I found this and feels sore when I touch it with my tongue was what I meant to say

I’ll be able to see a dentist quickly just wanted to know if it looked normal or like Leukoplakia it’s only started hurting today but has been there for longer and it never had those little raised marks at the bottom of the photo before

The red marks in a different image seem to have little spider veins

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options

Thanks for clarifying that sheep.

My recommendation is still the same as there are so many odd patches and colors that are seen in the mouth and tongue and many different fungal infections, etc.

Yes thats a good deal, see your dentist, they should be very knowledgeable on wht is going on and if need be can recommend if you should see an ENT.

Hopefully a minor issue going on or nothing to worry about and it will resolve itself.

Wishing You The Best

Take Care, God Bless

Russ