Does treatment location matter?

Options
birdlegs66
birdlegs66 Member Posts: 1 *
edited May 13 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Hi,

Does it truly matter what institution/center I get my treatments at? I live in a somewhat rural area and many ppl are telling me to go to a more urban institute/center. I read that treatment for ovarian cancer is pretty standard so I am wondering about the value in traveling to a more urban/well known center would/could make a difference in my treatment. My dr is trained at UNC Chapel Hill , has a lot of experience but young enough to be on top of modern approaches/studies. I have stage 1C2 with endometriod and clear cell. Thanks!!!

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options

Hi birdlegs66, first - very cute name - I hope you don't mind that I am a visitor from the Uterine page. Just a different gyn cancer. I have a couple questions for you:

• Do you like your doctor?
    • Are they a gynecologic oncologist?
    • Who are these "people"?

I hate to 'assume' but it sounds like you have already had surgery and just having treatment now? Or is this treatment before surgery? If your dr has chosen to work in more rural areas then more power to them, and it they are young than they probably are up on genetics and the work being done.

Ultimately, it is your decision. I bet if you spoke to your doctor about this they would be willing to discuss it so they understand as well. Just my two cents.

Hugs dear.