CA 125

Options
jdjacobs
jdjacobs Member Posts: 8 Member

I was concerned because of my CA 125 went from 7 to 44. It had been over 7000 before 3 rounds of chemo and debunking. After 3 more rounds of chemo it went to 7. Then with the blood work following all of that the marker was going up. The doctor explained that the marker will fluctuate for any number of reasons and stress could be one of those reasons. The doctor did order a repeat of CA 125, to make sure since the CT scan did not show any signs of CA. I didn’t think that I was stressing, but I internally was due to expecting new granddaughter. Thank God the marker went down. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Comments

• pik3r1
    pik3r1 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hi @jdjacobs - I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a repeat test to show that your CA125 went back towards your baseline. There seem to be so many things that can raise this marker!

I've never had a repeat CA 125 test so I'm curious — how long did you have to wait for the retest? I've never had the test closer than 3 weeks apart (when I was on chemo). Thanks.

• jdjacobs
    jdjacobs Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

i only had to wait 2-2 1/2 months. When i went to see the oncologist he was happy that the CTscan was clear. I ask about the marker. He then ordered the repeat of only the marker, not the rest of the blood work.good luck.